Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Did you ever say yes? How'd it go?
I always had a boyfriend so I never said yes. A lot of them were really nice and if I had been single, I might have said yes. I would be more likely to say yes to someone that I knew a bit because they came in a lot than a stranger at a bar or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 PM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times
Then go for it.

After chatting some just ask "How would you like to go on a date with me sometime?" Or ask after being on the topic of the quality of the sunrays, if they're the best out. Maybe ask if she would like to try a pair out with you on a date.

Good luck. Hmmmm, young love.

If you're rejected then guess you'll either have to get your sunrays the times she's off or find another video store.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
The deciding factor is your looks, so either you have it like that or you don't. Your looks is what gets you from A to B. If you don't, then cold approach is very low odds.
JJ and cinder have it right: it all hinges on your looks. Sorry, but it boils down to looks. Unless you have a sense of humor and charm like Jimmy Fallon. Then you stand a chance. But without at least one of those, and in the absence of any indications on her part she's interested, you might as well be trying to slingshot a rock to the moon.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:44 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm sure I'll probably get some grief for this thread subject but so be it...

There is this store in my area where I rent my blue rays and the clerk behind the counter is a real cutie. Today I was thinking to myself It'd be cool to take her out on a date but then I was like, how would you even go from "can I see your rental card please" to "hey, let's go out some time"... How would you even stear a conversation in that direction?

I'm not asking for my specific situation but just in general. How would someone get from point A to point B in the few seconds that you would interact with that person?

Thanks.
Jus tell her " if you're single I would like to take you out sometime"! Its yes or no!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:47 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I always had a boyfriend so I never said yes. A lot of them were really nice and if I had been single, I might have said yes. I would be more likely to say yes to someone that I knew a bit because they came in a lot than a stranger at a bar or something.
I never did much cold approaching, but when I did the first thing I asked is "Are you seeing anyone?" and for the reason you mention..it's likely they have a bf already. I know it's lame but it's straight to the point.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Both of my brothers met their wives while they were working in a store. They'd go by every so often, chat them up and then it progressed to eventually asking them out.

When I worked in retail I was asked out more times than I can count. I would have said yes to a few of them if I hadn't been dating my boyfriend (now husband). Same for when I worked at the corner desk in a gym. Men would stop by, chit chat a little and be on their way. Eventually they'd work up to asking if I were available to go out. I was married so not interested, however if I were single there were a few characters I probably would have said yes to.

The worst that can happen is she says no.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
There's still video stores?

Something is fishy about this thread!
Maybe he's in love with the Red Box machine.

As far as the OP, beyond thinking that the clerk is cute, he hasn't said that they have any sort of connection or interesting conversations beyond the typical cash register pleasantries. I'd work on that before contemplating any sort of move.

Old 04-20-2014, 04:20 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
There's still video stores?

Something is fishy about this thread!
There are video rental places. The most successful ones carry a really eclectic selection, and have a cult following. They can also be a cool place to hang out, and sort of a singles scene. Don't underestimate the potential of a really good video library!

Old 04-20-2014, 04:24 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are video rental places. The most successful ones carry a really eclectic selection, and have a cult following. They can also be a cool place to hang out, and sort of a singles scene. Don't underestimate the potential of a really good video library!
There are still video stores in my city as well. When Blockbuster took a dump, they bought up all their stocks of movies, and they get all the new releases, new video games, and all that jazz too.

Seem pretty busy, to boot.

Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Maybe he's in love with the Red Box machine.
HAha LOL....

Ever saw the movie "Bad Grandpa" ?

If not, watch it and you'll know why I found this especially funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships