Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 04:00 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times

Advertisements

He is probably not wanting to have the friendship anymore, and is being mean so you'll "get the hint". He might think you still have feelings for him. I wouldn't think you could just immediately jump back into friendship without some time to heal from the ending of the relationship anyway. IMO moving on is the best thing you can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 04:41 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
A lot of people will try to forget about friendships and relationships they had with others. It's life....people come and go. It's best not to get too attached to every person who walks in your life.

If I were you, as soon as he started saying mean things to me and basically BSing for no reason, I would've been cut him off. He's not worth your time, and apparently you are not worth his.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:43 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorkelsi123 View Post
Me and my ex boyfriend were great friends before we started dating and I always feared a breakup would ruin our friendship.. Well we did breakup. It was because we fought all the time and were better as friends. We both love each other but now he is going out of his way to be mean and nasty to me. Posting mean things directed toward me on the internet, blocking me, cursing me out, wanting nothing to do with me. How can he forget our friendship and just drop me? Is he just hurt or does he really not care?
It doesn't matter why he is doing this - all that matters is that he shouldn't be doing this. If you want to try to salvage the friendship - tell him what an a-hole he is being and that you can't continue to have him in your life if he treats you this way. If he continues to treat you this way - cut him out of your life.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:59 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,931 times
This is the reason he's treating her/him badly.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...oung-love.html

OP, I'm really sorry this isn't going so well for you. There will be other opportunities, you're young. Don't anchor your ship to a submarine.

Time for some introspection. Why is his "love" so important to you? Why are you willing to except his abuse for it? Why won't you believe he's the person he presented to you? A liar, drug addict, abuser? Do you really want to be in love with someone like this? And if you're thinking it's the drugs and not him, you are not equipped to handle a drug addict and getting them clean. He has to do that for himself. Sometimes that takes hitting rock bottom and realizing his behavior will cause him to lose friends and lovers. So don't be the dumb chick who thinks they can save someone. He'll end up taking you down with him.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM

4 posts, read 3,578 times
Thank you all for the replies!

I was feeling really down about the whole situation and at first I thought all the comments were pretty harsh but now I realize that's exactly what I needed.

I opened my eyes and saw him for what he really is - an ******* of a drug addict.

I've got a lot of life left, can't waste time being sad over someone who isn't sad over me!

Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 AM

900 posts, read 2,372,931 times
12334513390.UOTE=Taylorkelsi123;34513390]Thank you all for the replies!

I was feeling really down about the whole situation and at first I thought all the comments were pretty harsh but now I realize that's exactly what I needed.

I opened my eyes and saw him for what he really is - an ******* of a drug addict.

I've got a lot of life left, can't waste time being sad over someone who isn't sad over me![/quote]

That's the ticket!

Hon, anyone will be blessed to have you. You are such a sensitive caring person, in these days it's a rare find. Just don't allow someone to take advantage, don't offer your pearls to swine, save them for that special person.

And if bad boy calls again, wish him the best, tell him to seek help and say a prayer for him. Tell him you do not want to be his friend. Don"t allow him to latch on to you for dear life. Give referrals or contact someone who deals with drug addicts if you must to talk to him but just don't let him try to place you as his drug therapist. Addicts manipulate so don't allow him to manipulate you.

Don't worry you'll find that special someone.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:45 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorkelsi123 View Post
Thank you all for the replies!

I've got a lot of life left, can't waste time being sad over someone who isn't sad over me!
There you go!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships