Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 11:30 AM

826 posts, read 1,895,672 times

Advertisements

So I was contacted by a guy on one of these online sites. He paid me a compliment, I thanked him. He's from out of town and I figured nothing will come of it.
Couple of days later, he writes me and says he's in my area and will like to see me the same day. Typically, I don't even like to exchange numbers with a guy until we've talked for a while. Also, I prefer us meeting at a coffee shop for the first date to see if there's an interest. He was insistent and nice. Against my better judgment I agreed.

He wanted to take me out to a restaurant and asked me to suggest one close to me. I suggested one that has rave reviews but which I'd never been to and provided him their address and phone number. He agrees to meet.

At the appointed time he shows up at the restaurant. Turns out it is "pricey" and by that I mean an entrée was like $28.
We split both the entrée and appetizer. While there, he raves that this is the best meal he's had. He wants to extend the night after we eat, but I'm not really keen on it. The date was good, but he dabbles in 420 and just has a lifestyle that I found is very different from mine.

The next day, we don't communicate.

The third day, he sends me a series of texts, saying How come I recommended such a pricey restaurant. That he hates these rich people hoity toity places. That he's a blue collar worker and I'm white collar and I should have recommended something cheaper.

I am shocked to say the least because on the date, he raved about the food and never mentioned cost.

CONTD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 11:33 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,318,275 times
What is 420 and what does it have to do with the date?
I agree about the restaurant, a bit of research would have helped find a nice but less expensive place.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:33 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
So I was contacted by a guy on one of these online sites. He paid me a compliment, I thanked him. He's from out of town and I figured nothing will come of it.
Couple of days later, he writes me and says he's in my area and will like to see me the same day. Typically, I don't even like to exchange numbers with a guy until we've talked for a while. Also, I prefer us meeting at a coffee shop for the first date to see if there's an interest. He was insistent and nice. Against my better judgment I agreed.

He wanted to take me out to a restaurant and asked me to suggest one close to me. I suggested one that has rave reviews but which I'd never been to and provided him their address and phone number. He agrees to meet.

At the appointed time he shows up at the restaurant. Turns out it is "pricey" and by that I mean an entrée was like $28.
We split both the entrée and appetizer. While there, he raves that this is the best meal he's had. He wants to extend the night after we eat, but I'm not really keen on it. The date was good, but he dabbles in 420 and just has a lifestyle that I found is very different from mine.

The next day, we don't communicate.

The third day, he sends me a series of texts, saying How come I recommended such a pricey restaurant. That he hates these rich people hoity toity places. That he's a blue collar worker and I'm white collar and I should have recommended something cheaper.

I am shocked to say the least because on the date, he raved about the food and never mentioned cost.

CONTD
He sounds like an idiot but I wouldn't stop dating because of that.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I agree about the restaurant, a bit of research would have helped find a nice but less expensive place.
It means he smokes weed.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:36 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,580,197 times
Quote:
420 is code speak for pot smoking. OP, I wouldn't let it get to me...one bad apple does not a cart make.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM

He makes this comment "What was I expecting? That you would take me to your home and f%%k" which further shocks me.

But then I realize, his anger is not about the restaurant. It was because he intended to sleep with me on this first date and because he didn't get it and I didn't talk to him the second day, he decided to show his anger to me.

Mind you, I thanked him for a lovely dinner after the meal via words and text.

The whole situation just maddens me. It's been a long time since I met a guy who expected sex on the first date or after buying me a meal. It just rubs me the wrong way.

I am not a piece of meat. I am a human being with feelings and I darn sure cannot be bought for a restaurant meal.
He was the one who insisted we go out the same day. He made me pick the restaurant. We shared one entrée and one appetizer. WTH

I am going back with a vengeance to my former stance. First dates will be in a coffee shop. It doesn't matter if the guy insists on a restaurant.
2nd date will be in a restaurant and I'd make him pick or, I will ensure he checks out their prices before hand.

I am just so turned off.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:40 AM

309 posts, read 349,219 times
For the right gal, no price is too high.

I would/do crawl the floors through raw sewage to get the money to pay for it.

Climb on top of a commercial high rise/skyscraper building roof as well.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
It means weed and he asked me twice to smoke it with him. I don't smoke and it was an instant turnoff, but I just told him nicely "Thanks. But I don't smoke weed"

So apparently guys carry weed with them now.

Last edited by Peacelilies; 05-02-2014 at 11:52 AM..

Old 05-02-2014, 11:43 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,580,197 times
He wreaks of creepiness, I'd be careful. Him being from out of town and then all of the sudden he's in your area? He sounds weird.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
For the right gal, no price is too high.

I would/do crawl the floors through raw sewage to get the money to pay for it.

Climb on top of a commercial high rise/skyscraper building roof as well.
I wouldn't. If I were treating, he would get what I could easily afford. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships