Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:54 PM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times

Advertisements

People get something from this forum that you just can't irl : anonymity. The truth just comes out. Those irrational thoughts come rolling out... This is usually why I write in a journal- so I can keep my secrets to myself lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 08:00 PM

309 posts, read 348,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
People get something from this forum that you just can't irl : anonymity. The truth just comes out. Those irrational thoughts come rolling out... This is usually why I write in a journal- so I can keep my secrets to myself lol
That's most of the problem. It's how a person can say and do things and hide behind a screen for cover. Guys ripping women....."metro" guys acting like bad-asses. Country guys acting like they fit in. lmao

The whole smear.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
That's most of the problem. It's how a person can say and do things and hide behind a screen for cover. Guys ripping women....."metro" guys acting like bad-asses. Country guys acting like they fit in. lmao

The whole smear.
I agree... a lot of online bad asses... LOL

I'm old school... you talk smack, you best be ready to fist to cuff it... you know what I mean...

I'm a pretty peaceful pacifist type in real life, I don't like violence and will avoid it as much as necessary.....

But you poke the chow.... you get the heel of the boot on your head....... LOL...

Old 05-03-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree... a lot of online bad asses... LOL

I'm old school... you talk smack, you best be ready to fist to cuff it... you know what I mean...

I'm a pretty peaceful pacifist type in real life, I don't like violence and will avoid it as much as necessary.....

But you poke the chow.... you get the heel of the boot on your head....... LOL...
Well, all I say is I cant hide from Lily.....

No matter how much I claim to be no one.....she knows I'm lyin'.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
The anonymity of these forums allow certain people to be:

A. Who they truly are.

B. Who they want to be.

C. Who they think they are.

Now which of these individuals are posting at any particular time is something most of us will never know or even care to know. I think most posters are A only because they can be themselves without anyone being the wiser.

Now, we all have different views and it is how we approach those with these differing views that make these forums unique. Many posters just dispense with the niceties and go for the jugular of the opposing person. In real life, most people (not all) would never call someone a derogatory name to his face that they barely know for a differing opinion, but you can here because it is rather hard to punch someone in the nose on the Internet.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:11 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0317 View Post
Well, all I say is I cant hide from Lily.....

No matter how much I claim to be no one.....she knows I'm lyin'.
LOL... watch out... Lily's power is strong... LOL

She's one of the good ones here... best not to upset her......

Old 05-03-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... watch out... Lily's power is strong... LOL

She's one of the good ones here... best not to upset her......
She's a sweetheart....I don't know how anyone could not like her. Her brother and I "watch" out for her....

Old 05-03-2014, 08:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I ♥ ny.

Old 05-03-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I ♥ ny.
Don't know how anyone could not like you either.

They'z must be pretty messed up indeed if not. lol

Old 05-03-2014, 08:58 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
My wife works with several women that have just unbelievable stories. I haven't seen anything here that is impossible. Yes, people are really that messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships