Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 08:24 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
What about old people, do old people get on Tinder?
it sounds like it's geared toward young people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 08:26 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
My guess would be fake profiles... epic amounts of them. Everything was so samey-samey on there, I have my doubts about much of the participation being organic.
^^^^This, x 1000.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:51 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
na not really jealous. Boasting about hooking up with chicks online and to other guys has never been my style. Usually the guys that have to boast are trying to make up for some insecurity. Rather date a girl i care about rather than just bang anything i can and move on to the next.
It was my boy not me, I'm relaying a story that tinder works, not boasting any conquest of my own. You're ignorantly trying to paint me with a brush that doesn't even apply. No ones boasting, yet you still felt the need to attack my statement. Seems you're attacking out of your own insecurity.

Do you feel better than everyone up on that high horse bud? I also date a girl I really care about, that doesn't make me better than my boy who likes casual sex.

Last edited by rationalmale18; 05-12-2014 at 06:13 AM..

Old 05-12-2014, 09:41 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
¯\(°_o)/¯ Pretty sure Phoenix is a big city. Apparently, it's the land of the bots.
I live in Phoenix too, and I'm not having issues with bots. One here or there, same as any other site (less, in fact) in my experience.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:29 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I live in Phoenix too, and I'm not having issues with bots. One here or there, same as any other site (less, in fact) in my experience.
A lot of guys that don't do well with women tend to project their issues onto everyone else, and mental back flip to the conclusion that those that claim they do are lying, or embellishing

Seems to be an internet phenomena since proof one way or the other is limited without removing anonymity. Basically you can accuse with impunity, though the air of butthurtedness is thick

Old 05-12-2014, 11:58 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
I have a home in Paradise Valley and find the women of Phoenix/Scottsdale pretty wild and outgoing. Although, I don't date online, my buddies don't seem to have a problem meeting women and dating online. Must be the heat.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 PM

432 posts, read 491,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
A lot of guys that don't do well with women tend to project their issues onto everyone else, and mental back flip to the conclusion that those that claim they do are lying, or embellishing

Seems to be an internet phenomena since proof one way or the other is limited without removing anonymity. Basically you can accuse with impunity, though the air of butthurtedness is thick
What does that have to do with the prevalence of bots on Tinder?

Old 05-12-2014, 12:30 PM

432 posts, read 491,815 times
Quote:
That's odd, not my experience at all. They were insessant the nine months or so that I used the app. Not so bad at first, but a constant annoyance by the time I ditched it a couple of months ago.

I have to wonder why our experiences are so different.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:14 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I have a home in Paradise Valley and find the women of Phoenix/Scottsdale pretty wild and outgoing. Although, I don't date online, my buddies don't seem to have a problem meeting women and dating online. Must be the heat.
I have my complaints about Phoenix, but the attractiveness/outgoing-ness of the women is definitely NOT one of them. Between the college girls at ASU and the old-town Scottsdale crowd, there's plenty to go around. I haven't had much luck with the ridiculously attractive crowd myself (as it typically goes online, where we go by pictures), but I chalk that up to my own behavior more than the demographic here.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:23 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
What about old people, do old people get on Tinder?
Define "old."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships