Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM

461 posts, read 922,915 times

Advertisements

I've seen something similar a few times, but never actually experienced it until now.

There was this girl at work. The moment I saw her I knew I wanted to be with her. I was seriously dating someone else at the time and did everything possible to say 'hello' and other minor things over two years just to avoid my feelings.

I was about to leave the job, so I started talking to her a bit more, still dating the same girl as before (we were living with each other). The last day there, she is the last person I see, and I duck into a different room, thinking I'm safe for good.

Wrong. I see her through a window while I'm playing volleyball, ordering a drink at the bar. I message her later that night, we end up doing it for awhile. These feelings I've had for this girl, this idea I had of her, all come true. I decide I have to break up with my gf, I can't take it. I can't help it.

We break up. I end up going out with this other girl. It has been incredible. The other night I walked for three and a half hours with this girl, in the middle of the night, in sandals, and then cuddled with her on a bench for another hour (no, we're not homeless!).

It has been going so amazingly well, and I've felt infatuation, the excitement over newness, but it feels completely different. I have never felt like I can so be myself and still change for the better. I've become closer with my family, I've cut down my bad habits, I've put more effort into everything.

I can't even explain the feeling. It's something I knew immediately, and could not get rid of no matter how hard I tried. It's really the first time I can say that I can't put something into words honestly.

Ok, this topic is pretty useless, but I needed to share, and find out if others have had similar types of feelings with someone in their life. Obviously they have, and there's a lot of doom and gloom and penis discussions on this forum, that I think some positive stories would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 07:25 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
What you are describing is being in love. Congratulations! Don't screw it up. You apparently have never been in love before, but from how you speak about her and your situation, you are now. Be happy!

Old 06-10-2011, 07:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
It's called "chemistry" And you two certainly have it! Enjoy, there's no need to explain love

Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,677 times
I'm so envious...I wish someone felt that way towards me. Your story brought a smile to my face.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
Enjoy every minute of it. This is what true love feels like. It makes you aspire to be a better person. Best wishes.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 PM

222 posts, read 419,535 times
I guess I have a different take on this. I feel bad for the first girlfriend that you were seriously dating and living with. The moment you saw the new girl you knew you wanted to be with her. Hmm, interesting....but not surprising.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:10 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
I guess I have a different take on this. I feel bad for the first girlfriend that you were seriously dating and living with. The moment you saw the new girl you knew you wanted to be with her. Hmm, interesting....but not surprising.
So do I. The OP should have manned up at the time instead of dragging the first girlfriend around for two more years and then cheating on her. Sorry, but that's a d*ck move.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
We can all feel sorry for her, but should he have stayed with her THE REST OF HIS LIFE once he knew his heart was elsewhere? I don't think so - she was his girlfriend, not his wife.

Word to the wise...when true love comes along all other relationships pale in comparison.

Until THAT has happened no one should ever get married, because you do risk hurting your spouse when/if the right one comes along later down the line.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
So do I. The OP should have manned up at the time instead of dragging the first girlfriend around for two more years and then cheating on her. Sorry, but that's a d*ck move.
He avoided even speaking to her for 2 years just to protect his relationship with is girlfriend - he obviously cared and tried to do the right thing.

In the end he had to follow his heart.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:22 PM

530 posts, read 779,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's called "chemistry" And you two certainly have it! Enjoy, there's no need to explain love

Well, perhaps it's called "penis sharing", as you decided you would share yours with another while you were seeing another.

Ahh.......ain't love grand?
Attached Images

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships