Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Oh, bologna. Other women might consider it a sign he's the one for them. They would be trusting their instincts too! I still contend that early "I love you"s can come from many different types of people, for several different reasons (one of which is that they think the other wants to hear it). My wife and I had this sort of beginning. Interesting to think that what made the difference between her being a lunatic and her just following her heart was that I said "I love you" back. So if I didn't feel the "I love you" forming on my lips, I should've called the loony bin pronto. That's a logical argument, right?

He's a friggin' nut job! End. Of. Story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 07:51 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,223 times
Agree with the first!
Disagree with the second.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,604,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
That is actually a very solid point. People use the "When you know, you know" explanation all. the. friggin. time when telling their friends and family why they did this and that so quickly. It is possible this guy just took all of these events to mean more than they really did.
I do think stalking her at the bar was a bit over the top, but since he had just recently met her at a bar, I guess he was imagining all kinds of scenarios of her picking up other guys there.

Old 05-29-2014, 08:52 AM

10,210 posts, read 17,864,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
He's a friggin' nut job! End. Of. Story.
Exactly.

Quote:
I do think stalking her at the bar was a bit over the top, but since he had just recently met her at a bar, I guess he was imagining all kinds of scenarios of her picking up other guys there.
Which is a totally irrational and unhealthy way to think. That's like saying if you happen to meet your partner at a grocery store, it's understandable if they don't want to going to the grocery store ever again in case you happen to meet someone else. That's exactly how these paranoid control people think all the time and it's why they don't want their partner going anywhere without them. It's not "a bit over the top", it's freaking psycho and honestly, it's disturbing that you can't see just how toxic thing kind of behavior is.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Which is a totally irrational and unhealthy way to think. That's like saying if you happen to meet your partner at a grocery store, it's understandable if they don't want to going to the grocery store ever again in case you happen to meet someone else. That's exactly how these paranoid control people think all the time and it's why they don't want their partner going anywhere without them. It's not "a bit over the top", it's freaking psycho and honestly, it's disturbing that you can't see just how toxic thing kind of behavior is.
Well no, I can see why he would be concerned about the bar (much easier to hook up there than the grocery store), but it doesn't justify the stalking.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,662,130 times
Definitely made the right choice in ditching this guy it seems. But with that being said a guy telling you he loves you pretty soon isn't necessarily a bad thing.

When I first saw my wife I was attracted to her but too shy to talk to her aside from the conversation we had when she came to my workplace to discuss some things the college she was attending offered. I never tried to talk to her about a date.

Things kept coming up where friends would mention hanging out with her (she was in college in my hometown and not from around there) and I would see her around town from time to time.

Eventually I worked up the nerve to talk to her and was pretty infatuated with her by that point. I mean I couldn't stop thinking about her. When I asked her out she accepted on the condition that I let her roommate come with us. I agreed. After about two weeks of talking on the phone and the sporadic quick dinner here or there I slipped and told her I loved her too. She never said it back, but didn't shy away from me either even though she admitted it kind of threw up a caution flag. I didn't press her and just let her know this was how I felt and that I didn't expect her to say it back if she didn't mean it.

Eventually we became a couple and I actually moved 300 miles away to be with her when she moved back to her hometown.

Fast forward to today. We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary this past Sunday and 14 years together. We have two kids and are still just as much in love today as we were before we married. She's my best friend.

So, it CAN happen. But I do agree you have to be careful.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:50 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,777 times
To the OP here a test to tell if someone is a psychopath.

Psych Central - Psychopathy Quiz

This quiz is designed to help give you some idea about whether or not you may have psychopathic tendencies.

You can full in the blanks for just about anyone I am not calling the OP a psychopath in anyway.

Are You Dating A Sociopath? Recognize The Warning Signs................................

Are You Dating A Sociopath? Recognize The Warning Signs : I I'm In A Relationship With A Sociopathic Personality Story & Experience

Old 05-29-2014, 01:02 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Run.
Why would she want to run? She enjoyed being with him, they had a great time together, and she is very much attracted to him. I admit that was a little soon to be saying the L word, bt if she is still having fun with him, see where it goes. She can "run" anytime she no longer wants to be with him.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Why would she want to run? She enjoyed being with him, they had a great time together, and she is very much attracted to him. I admit that was a little soon to be saying the L word, bt if she is still having fun with him, see where it goes. She can "run" anytime she no longer wants to be with him.
She's running now that he's stalking her.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:41 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Hmmm, I didn't read everything, did he also start banging on her door or something?

And were they exclusive? Because if not, especially knowing that the OP is up for sex without commitment, why would it be irrational for this guy to think she might be hooking up with someone else? She made no promise not to. She didn't even imply that he shouldn't worry about it. I'm not saying she should have, mind you, just that his thinking she might be doing this isn't what's irrational - just his behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships