Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:29 PM

678 posts, read 1,067,403 times

Advertisements

If a guys is being "just friendly" he will let you know very early on that he's not available, he'll either mention his girlfriend or wife. But if he's telling you that he's going to drive to the next state over and going to visit you...he's thinking about getting into your pants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:33 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,985,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by You Lose View Post
I don't talk to any women that I don't find attractive or "something" about their personality or interests that I admire or enjoy/like.

There's no reason to or for it.
Ditto!

Old 05-31-2014, 07:48 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,947,606 times
No reason for it? How about making friends?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:51 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Are women just objects for men to pursue for sexual reasons??'

Women can't be something to a man other than sexual release??

I don't know why so many men think this way?

Is the Johnson the only thing men can think with??

It's 2014 and some of the stuff I read here floors me.....

Old 05-31-2014, 07:56 PM

336 posts, read 591,259 times
Why do people think that all men are the same and that one man's behavior represents the behavior of all men on this planet?

Old 05-31-2014, 08:15 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,854,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It makes close to 0 sense for a guy to have a chat with a girl on a train, get her info and just meet up to be friends.

Platonic friends are people we have known for a very long time, and they usually become platonic friends because they we met them through friends or maybe at work. You don't randomly approach a person and then just become friends.
Sadly, I kind of agree with this.

I used to be more of the, "Let's be friends, men and women and if we really click, we'll date."

But that is bad news for men. So now, yea, more than likely I'm just trying to get into your pants. Which doesn't mean that's all I want.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,854,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It's kind of indirectly women's fault that men are like that.

The friends first method fails so often and is emotionally painful, so that guys don't want to experience that again. So, if they are attracted to a woman, they'll just make it known.

But in reality, once you get older, much older, men and women don't really get together as friends as often, or really adults in general for that matter.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Thank you Chow...I was kind of scratching my head at some of the responses.

I just met up with a bunch of old friends today that I haven't seen in a few months, mostly men. We all hugged hello and chatted...etc. And I can safely say they are not interested in anything other than friendship.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:24 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

The friends first method fails so often and is emotionally painful, so that guys don't want to experience that again. So, if they are attracted to a woman, they'll just make it known.

But in reality, once you get older, much older, men and women don't really get together as friends as often, or really adults in general for that matter.
Based on your posting history, I can't really answer you without violating some of the TOS around here.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:24 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

I agree with Chow. As soon as you call it "the friends-first method", you're saying you only think of women as a potential source of sexual release. You're admitting the "friends" part is only a means to another end. And blaming it on women is ridiculous. YOU choose whether you want to be friends with a woman/women or not. Just friends. It can be quite rewarding.

I don't know what age would have to do with adults getting together as friends. Sure people get busy, but those interested in making a commitment to keeping a good friendship going, do so. They find the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships