Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:45 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,473,083 times

Advertisements

I always thought cheeky meant your butt was falling out of your shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 PM

173 posts, read 155,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I always thought cheeky meant your butt was falling out of your shorts.
They make "cheeky" underwear now at Victoria Secret too. And your cheeks really do hang out. However, I don't think that was what he meant in this circumstance as my cheeks have always been fully covered!

Old 06-03-2014, 11:11 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,281,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
ONS strike a chord with me.

It was always suspected that my father engaged in them while he was married to my mom.

This was due to his behavior.

I vaguely remember his getting an STD while married.
You have every right to feel negatively based on your situation, no one can take those feelings away from you. But projecting your values onto the op--who clearly sees ons differently--isn't fair. You don't have to agree with her decision and can think it's the worse thing in the world, but after you gave your initial input I don't see why you continued to harp on her about it as if your values were right and hers were wrong. Neither of you is right, IMO, it's to each their own. I don't do ons and never will, due to the values I have but the op is an adult with different values and she shouldn't be demonized because she doesn't feel the way you do.

I give her kudos for continuing to have discourse with you.

Back to the op, I think it was just harmless flirting. If I were you I would ask him if he's married before pursuing anything. It can be subtle like "So any girlfriends or wife's that I should worry about?" Something that might be along the ways of how you two normally joke.

Good luck.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:44 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,778,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
You have every right to feel negatively based on your situation, no one can take those feelings away from you. But projecting your values onto the op--who clearly sees ons differently--isn't fair. You don't have to agree with her decision and can think it's the worse thing in the world, but after you gave your initial input I don't see why you continued to harp on her about it as if your values were right and hers were wrong. Neither of you is right, IMO, it's to each their own. I don't do ons and never will, due to the values I have but the op is an adult with different values and she shouldn't be demonized because she doesn't feel the way you do.
Warning...

TMI...

I get like this when my period is about to come.

Must be the hormones.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:20 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,144,595 times
Is the Brit a doctor?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Exactly what is the appeal of sex with no intimacy?

Exactly how does having casual sex make you *general you* feel wanted and appreciated as a female?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,452,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
Exactly what is the appeal of sex with no intimacy?

Exactly how does casual sex make you *general you* feel wanted and appreciated as a female?
Well not EVERYONE has same values like the other poster said. I myself can't have sex with no intimacy. SO like the OP said she is an adult so why do you keep chastising her?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Well not EVERYONE has same values like the other poster said. I myself can't have sex with no intimacy. SO like the OP said she is an adult so why do you keep chastising her?
Just asking a question.

That is all.

So I will re-word it.

What is the appeal of sex with no intimacy?

How does having casual sex make you *general you* feel wanted and appreciated as a female?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:28 AM

326 posts, read 499,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I can see both sides. Your casual attitude toward ONSs obviously really brought up bad memories for her, which also is understandable.

To answer your OP, I think it's both. It's probably a harmless flirtation (on his part) and he is definitely giving you mixed signals.

I have found quite a few older guys who are surprised when I call their bluff when they flirt.
some people can't separate themselves from other people's circumstances much less realize that their hangups or complexes aren't other people's.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:40 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,269,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is the Brit a doctor?

Funny you asked that. I was just about to ask what happened with the janitor at the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships