Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 AM

5 posts, read 6,376 times

Advertisements

Hello guys! I need some help from you First,I'm Russian and I have an American boyfriend.
I start to find our relationship very complicated, a lot of misunderstandings and things like that. Tell me, what you need in a relationship with a girl? What you do not like in a girls? What would you like to see in your soul mate? I am kind and caring, a little emotional sometimes,and I see that he doesnt like it. Also I can't pretend that I'm happy if I'm not. I don't have a big experience in relationship with American guys and I really want to understand what they are appreciate in a relationship. Thanks in advance
)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 01:26 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
Are you a strong woman who can get what she wants on her own, without having a man being your "keeper"? Do you like your independence and dislike it when a man tries to tell who you can see and where you can go alone or with friends? Do you dislike jealous men? Are you used to putting down your limits/borders, and having men respect them? Have you had many sex partners?

If you answered yes to all these questions, you're in the wrong country.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:39 AM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times
You need to tell us more, why it's so "complicated".
Cultural differences? Language barrier? Money and status? Age? Expectations?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,920,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Are you a strong woman who can get what she wants on her own, without having a man being your "keeper"? Do you like your independence and dislike it when a man tries to tell who you can see and where you can go alone or with friends? Do you dislike jealous men? Are you used to putting down your limits/borders, and having men respect them? Have you had many sex partners?

If you answered yes to all these questions, you're in the wrong country.

Only if she's going out with an internet dwelling nerd.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaDani View Post
Hello guys! I need some help from you First,I'm Russian and I have an American boyfriend.
I start to find our relationship very complicated, a lot of misunderstandings and things like that. Tell me, what you need in a relationship with a girl? What you do not like in a girls? What would you like to see in your soul mate? I am kind and caring, a little emotional sometimes,and I see that he doesnt like it. Also I can't pretend that I'm happy if I'm not. I don't have a big experience in relationship with American guys and I really want to understand what they are appreciate in a relationship. Thanks in advance
)
You could start by probably realizing the United States is a country of over 300 million people and approximately 150 million men. Instead of generalizing a country, you could start by learning about your boyfriend instead of asking about Americans.

Also, if you have that many misunderstandings.. it's not going to work out.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:27 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,662 times
I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he's American. I dated Irish, French and American guys and truthfully, they were all the same ... (i.e: Tools). That said, the dynamic of a relationship doesn't depend on a nationality but on the person you're with. You should ask what men in general want in a woman (still, there's going to be some differences from one man to another).

Besides, how can you categorize his needs based on the sole fact he's American?! He could be Irish American, French American, Native American, African American, Asian American and for all we know, all of these types of "Americans" may have different standards/tastes. It doesn't even come down to him being "American" but to him being a man (age, social status, maturity level, future prospects blah blah blah).

Maybe if you're asking what he wants in a woman ... it probably means you're not it, otherwise you wouldn't be asking!

Old 05-22-2014, 11:03 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,982 times
It depends, all American guys are different.

I am in early stages of dating an east European girl... I like her a lot. Can you let me know what they and Russian girls what? I figure you can help since there are some cultural similarities.

Last edited by jsun556; 05-22-2014 at 11:26 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 11:11 AM

880 posts, read 1,251,141 times
Something's wrong here.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:02 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,179 times
lol!

I bet shes' got a few messages in her pm though.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
lol!

I bet shes' got a few messages in her pm though.
rofl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships