Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,402,722 times

Advertisements

Wow, dude. You are a creep.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...potential.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 10:50 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,901,668 times
Is this something that actually happened to you, OP?

For myself and most of the women I hung around with when I was 19...we simply weren't attracted to guys 10 years older.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:50 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,760,784 times
I wouldn't let the OP get within 20ft of my teenaged daughter.

Old 06-10-2014, 10:53 AM

Relax. According to the OP, these guys who send dick pics to teenaged girls and who turn up at their front door just want to "see the house".

Old 06-10-2014, 10:57 AM

457 posts, read 606,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Maybe. I just don't like the negative press these age gap relationships almost always get when one scenario is really a good outcome.

I would say the same for the age gap relationships with older women and young men when the commonality is the guy is very submissive and the lady is very dominant type but with good head on her shoulders and has an appreciation for kind sensitive respectful passive seemingly easy to walk all over males except the female acts as protector
I agree with your premise about age gaps getting negative press. Here I stand, 24 years old but I look like I'm 18, so most in my age range, and even younger, are not attracted to me. When I finally start to look like I'm in my 20s (likely to be mid to upper 20s age range at that point) these 18-22 year olds will be telling me I'm too old for them. It is not right just to go by age.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:00 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,180,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post

Oh my!!

The movie has a new plot!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:02 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,901,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I agree with your premise about age gaps getting negative press. Here I stand, 24 years old but I look like I'm 18, so most in my age range, and even younger, are not attracted to me. When I finally start to look like I'm in my 20s (likely to be mid to upper 20s age range at that point) these 18-22 year olds will be telling me I'm too old for them. It is not right just to go by age.
Doesn't whether it is right or not to go by age depend on the viewpoints of those involved?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:03 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,784,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
OP sounds really strange and creepy.
what tipped you off? was it his self-description of : "submissive socially ackward exceptional guy" ?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Or that he's seeking a teenaged girl who loves Disney?

Or that he writes stuff like this:

"These guys on "to catch a predator" never were gonna actually do anything. They just got curious and wanted to check out the house they were invited to because they made some sexual comment and the decoy said

"Ok can you come Saturday?"

So it's really harsh he was likely not gonna even do anything but visit and say hi to the teenage kid...not do anything to harm the kid

And the intentions could be 99% non-sexual and 1% sexual and poor guy gets worst luck with the sting operation"

Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 AM

457 posts, read 606,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That's fine. But I would not want my 19-year-old daughter coughing up the most expansive years of self-discovery, never mind get sidetracked as she gets her education, for a guy who already had time to have his fun and experience his growth. That he lacked the social skills to do so wouldn't be my concern. In fact, that would be just as bad, because I would find it unseemly for a 29-year-old to behave like a 21-year-old, with all the drama that often entails. If he has a maturity problem or a social problem, there are plenty of women closer to his age with the same. Don't try to fix your own problems on my daughter just as she is learning who she is and figuring out what to do with her life. You had your chance. Don't try to rob her of hers because she lacks the experience to see you for the problems you have.

Besides, even if they did end up together, that is exactly how gray divorce happens: A woman gives up the years she should be concentrating on herself and her dreams, settles down too young, and then when she hits her late 40s and the kids are grown and out of the house, she wakes up one day and wonders where she went in all of this.
And how precisely do you know that? I am 24 years old, and have not had my chance yet. I am definitely playing devil's advocate on people who are so close minded on things like age gaps. What if the guy who is 29 looks like he's in his early 20s, and is an otherwise normal guy (just lacks experience due to being looked over for most of his 20s because he looks too young?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships