Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:03 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,813,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post

OK hopefully we agree that "alpha males" are in the minority, while "nice guys" are in the majority.

If a majority of desirable women are sleeping with the same minority of "alphas" what kind of effect will it have on the majority of nice "stable" guys a few years down the line ?

The only time I ever see anyone called an alpha is when someone is angry at a man who happens to be lucky/or good with women. I never hear men who are good with women call themselves this (unless they are selling something like a method to pick up women). In a lot of ways, it's a slur against men who are good with women, but also a label of envy. Men who use this label of "alpha" seem to both hate men who the deem are "alphas" and want to be them at the same time. It's like the male equivalent of when envious women call a pretty, popular woman a "_itch."

What is an alpha male anyway? Just a man who is cool and confident? Is it a man who is a leader of a group? Or is he just superficially popular? Or is it a guy with masculine traits and has masculine charm? And who determines he's an alpha male anyway? Him? Other men? Women?

And what is a desirable women? Is that just a term for "alpha woman" and if so, in animals, usually the alphas pair off anyway, so what's the big deal? Or is it code for the top, most beautiful women? Or is it a woman with feminine traits and has feminine charm?

Old 06-09-2014, 07:29 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,202,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
What is an alpha male anyway? Just a man who is cool and confident? Is it a man who is a leader of a group? Or is he just superficially popular? Or is it a guy with masculine traits and has masculine charm? And who determines he's an alpha male anyway? Him? Other men? Women?
Well I say alpha. When I say it, I mean dominant. No abusive, controlling, or temperamental. Just a confident guy that can take care of himself, and isn't easily pushed around, and/or intimidated.

It's more in his personality, and how he carries and handles himself. Basically, alpha to me, is the opposite of a wuss.

really, it's a slang term. I think alpha really means the leader or boss. You can't have more than 1 boss. lol But for men being called that, just to say they're strong, either in body, or mind--sometimes both

Old 06-09-2014, 07:39 AM

36,651 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I keep reading about women knowingly going after the wrong type of guy's in their 20's.
As women begin to lose their looks, or hit 30, they start seeking out financially stable, predictable guys.
Not my words so don't shoot the messenger

I just want to know from women if their is any validity or truth to all these articles that say this.
Do you women continuously go after the wrong type of guy when you are younger ? Only to settle down with a stable guy later on in life ??
Yes. Its called youth, innocence, growth, maturity and wisdom.
Men go through the same process.

Humans. When we are young we are living in the present, experiencing life and learning about ourselves and relationships. As the years pass we gain knowledge through interactions, trial and error, heartbreak, choices we make. Our priorities change as we begin to think more about our futures which involves a need for some level of stability and financial security. Its really not hard to understand when you drop the titles and BS. Its been going on since the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships