Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you sleep nude when with your current or most recent partner?
Always 77 48.43%
Never 24 15.09%
Only after sex 23 14.47%
Used to, but not anymore due to the kids 9 5.66%
Used to, but not anymore for other reasons 4 2.52%
We prefer lingerie to fully nude even after sex 9 5.66%
Special occasions only 2 1.26%
Other/not applicable 11 6.92%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 09:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,422,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
If there's ever an emergency, what's he going to do? Reach for the curtains?
See, I think like you! My husband's way of thinking is "I'll worry about it then." And he's unlikely to grab my drapes. He knows how much those cost him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 09:40 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,747,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
See, I think like you! My husband's way of thinking is "I'll worry about it then." And he's unlikely to grab my drapes. He knows how much those cost him.
Then all I can say is I hope he has a big pair of hands

Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,410,685 times
Quote:
Robe.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:43 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,434,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
At least once or twice a week, there's a kid waking up in the middle of the night and knocking on the door. Also, if one of them is sick, we leave our bedroom door open so we can hear them. Sometimes they walk into the room while we're sleeping, since the door's open. So because of that we make sure we are at least partially covered.
No - I am still not seeing the connection. Is there some inherent assumption in what you are saying that I am missing? I am not seeing how wanting to be nude - but being unable to - because of "kids" - follows. It seems to be a complete non-seq to me. Or is it just a personal thing I am not seeing?

Not getting at you here - dont get me wrong - but when I am reading your two posts I am just getting the feeling there is something being left unsaid that is obvious to you but not to me - and you are just assuming I know it already.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:19 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,308,954 times
Pretty interesting thread. I've read all of the pages so far and can't fathom why the discussion petered out...no pun intended.

There are actually quite a few benefits to sleeping in the nude:

Natasha Turner, ND: Five Reasons to Sleep Naked

8 Awesome Benefits Of Sleeping Naked | Thought Catalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
No - I am still not seeing the connection. Is there some inherent assumption in what you are saying that I am missing? I am not seeing how wanting to be nude - but being unable to - because of "kids" - follows. It seems to be a complete non-seq to me. Or is it just a personal thing I am not seeing?

Not getting at you here - dont get me wrong - but when I am reading your two posts I am just getting the feeling there is something being left unsaid that is obvious to you but not to me - and you are just assuming I know it already.
Monumentus has asked what I thought are some pretty thought-provoking questions on this thread. Far be it from me to convert the unwilling into nude sleepers but some of the explanations for NOT sleeping naked are a bit ahem...perplexing.

I'll admit, my modesty probably reached it zenith in junior high school. I think the whole "protection" of children from nudity is a relatively recent, Victorian Age kind of phenomenon that really has not trickled down very far in global society. Unfortunately the U.S. is one of its claimed victims. My mother is not from this country and her and her sisters, aunts, cousins, etc. had absolutely no concept of closing a door while changing clothes or whatever is done in a bedroom, even when visiting. You would think Catholics would be prim and proper and buttoned up but I never gave this a second thought until the social mores of young teenagehood prompted me to question everything.

But even soon after that, I began playing high school sports. No modesty exists in this arena. Not only are guys naked in the locker room but even on away trips guys would sleep either naked or in tighty-whities! Any mention of a teammates nudity in any capacity made you the "oddball" and the one everybody was "questioning". After that, I went to live in a college dorm; modesty - out the window.

My wife grew up in a mostly girl/woman house. While not nudists, they also had no concept of being clothed in private company. I call my wife a superheroine, when she gets home (especially from work) her clothes come flying off in stages:

Wonder Woman Transformation - YouTube

Pants & bra come off on the main floor; if you are upstairs in our house then you are getting the wife's "Full Monty". I've never personally worn a pair of pajamas past elementary school. My wife bought me a pair at some point (why? Don't know) that I never once wore. To this day, she is the only one who has worn them; when she comes downstairs she is either wearing the pajama bottoms or tops but never both at the same time.

I don't disrobe until I go to bed (but I also don't go to bed until I'm ready to go to sleep so that's just me), but we, and my wife in particular, have never attempted to shield our children from parental nudity. I am taken aback by the possibility parents are freaking out if their kids were to see them naked. I have no idea what impact that will have on a child as they reach adulthood because I never had it done to me and I don't do it to my kids.

I recall the point when my mother stopped bathing my brother and I together and I took showers with my father and learned how to properly care for my own male body and hygiene. I (and I'm sure the world) is thankful for that. Personally, I can pull on a pair of shorts laying beside the bed in less than two seconds. We have never once experienced a logistical issue of having to administer cough syrup or comfort a child from a nightmare due to the inability to slap on a pair of drawers. If you can't seem to talk your wood down with your kids in the room then the problem is you.

For the person who will not sleep naked because her dog will attack her privates during her slumber: if you can't prevent your dog from chowing your crotch during your sleep, what exactly CAN you prevent your dog from doing? There are extensive resources for this:

Training Your Dog | ASPCA

For those so afraid of a murderous intruder or fire in the night, sorry, but you are perpetually hysterical. Yes, don't operate a chainsaw or a bicycle naked. Other than that, I think you are pretty much in the clear!

http://www.funny2.com/odds.htm

Old 07-28-2014, 08:34 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,242,779 times
Well, it takes a level of commitment for any woman to make it into my bedroom after the lights are off and curtains are closed.

All I will say is, less clothes = better sleep for me. I am hot bodied (in terms of temperature).

Old 07-28-2014, 08:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
I would only if the bedroom door is locked.

I don't need to frighten the animals and children.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:50 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,308,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I don't need to frighten the animals and children.
Sweet! So you wield your 12-gauge shotgun in the nude too? Very popular on this thread!

I detect a sense of self-deprecation here. As City-Data is the realm of non-scientific polls, I'm sure you would find 9 out of 10 posters would welcome you into the land of naked sleepers with open arms! I mean, like literally. Hands above the waist folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
All I will say is, less clothes = better sleep for me. I am hot bodied (in terms of temperature).
Same here. I believe the optimal temperature for slumber is 70 degrees. Fahrenheit of course

Old 07-29-2014, 07:40 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,242,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
Same here. I believe the optimal temperature for slumber is 70 degrees. Fahrenheit of course
I hope you are talking room temp of 70 F, not lows around 70 F. That's too hot for me at night .

Yesterday night it was 59 F, tonight its 56 F. These are my ideal sleeping temps. I sleep MUCH BETTER with fresh outside air than A/C. While sleeping in A/C, I always need a water bottle by my side as my throat gets parched .

I always wear at least underpants while sleeping though. Hate exposing my privates outside. But then again, I am a very young person and never had a sex before. So I don't know how it feels.

I would NEVER sleep nude in winter though. I keep the heat at 57 F to save money and long sleeves are the norm.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-29-2014 at 08:05 AM..

Old 07-29-2014, 08:29 AM

19,468 posts, read 15,311,107 times
Quote:
LOL.

Well, it varies with me, but for some reason, and I don't know why, if we're staying in a hotel, I like to be clothed enough for an emergency where we would have to leave the room. I can't really see any logical difference between an emergency at home and one at a hotel, but it just feels different to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships