Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you sleep nude when with your current or most recent partner?
Always 77 48.43%
Never 24 15.09%
Only after sex 23 14.47%
Used to, but not anymore due to the kids 9 5.66%
Used to, but not anymore for other reasons 4 2.52%
We prefer lingerie to fully nude even after sex 9 5.66%
Special occasions only 2 1.26%
Other/not applicable 11 6.92%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 11:52 AM

1,021 posts, read 2,308,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I hope you are talking room temp of 70 F, not lows around 70 F. That's too hot for me at night .

Yesterday night it was 59 F, tonight its 56 F. These are my ideal sleeping temps. I sleep MUCH BETTER with fresh outside air than A/C. While sleeping in A/C, I always need a water bottle by my side as my throat gets parched .

I always wear at least underpants while sleeping though. Hate exposing my privates outside. But then again, I am a very young person and never had a sex before. So I don't know how it feels.

I would NEVER sleep nude in winter though. I keep the heat at 57 F to save money and long sleeves are the norm.
The 70 F is more or less the ambient temperature you want surrounding your body while sleeping. This is achieved in a sleeping bag outdoors or inside of a climate-controlled house. It takes trial and error but the only way that it couldn't happen is if the temperature is well above 70 F and the air is completely stagnant wherever you are sleeping or if the outdoor conditions are so brutally cold that your body heat cannot sustain a 70 F "heat island" around you even with whatever coverings you are surrounding yourself with.

Your perspective will likely change at whatever juncture you sleep (presumably naked) with a partner. My wife is a 98.6 F space-heating dynamo. Even with A/C running in the summer, I can still sleep next to her with barely the sheet covering me and still be hot while she has the comforter pulled up over her as well. But she's a "cold" type and I'm a "hot" bodied person so we kind of have that synthesis going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
LOL.

Well, it varies with me, but for some reason, and I don't know why, if we're staying in a hotel, I like to be clothed enough for an emergency where we would have to leave the room. I can't really see any logical difference between an emergency at home and one at a hotel, but it just feels different to me.
I do understand the whole psychology of not wanting to be caught "with your pants down" in public. However, over my life's course I have never had any sort of experience that would prevent me from sleeping naked over a potential scenario that could happen in my sleep outside of modesty. I went to undergrad in a particularly cold region and we regularly had fire alarm pulls in our high-rise dorm. A pair of shorts is probably the quickest thing in tarnation that I can put on my body.

If someone is truly worried about a fire, I would be more concerned with putting on a coat, boots, hat, etc. if its cold out. From this forum I am starting to see I have had a really unique life experience. I can remember standing outside of the dorm in such events seeing other students (notably female coeds) wearing as little as boy shorts (is that what they're called?) and a sweatshirt pulled on in 40 F nighttime temperatures. No shoes or socks or anything else for some. I thought that was crazy at the time. But I can assure the concerned that the amount you would need to cover your body waking up from a dead sleep should not take anymore that two seconds to slip on! Hotels are generally the places where I would be most apt to sleep naked because there is really not a lot of ground to be covered (not much in a hotel but a small living area and a bathroom) and I'm generally not there long enough to "master" the sleeping temperature like I have in my house by experimenting with the amount of blanket cover vs. the room temperature.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 12:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,104,854 times
Sounds like the science of sleeping naked. LOL

Old 07-29-2014, 12:15 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,242,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers10 View Post
The 70 F is more or less the ambient temperature you want surrounding your body while sleeping. This is achieved in a sleeping bag outdoors or inside of a climate-controlled house. It takes trial and error but the only way that it couldn't happen is if the temperature is well above 70 F and the air is completely stagnant wherever you are sleeping or if the outdoor conditions are so brutally cold that your body heat cannot sustain a 70 F "heat island" around you even with whatever coverings you are surrounding yourself with.

Your perspective will likely change at whatever juncture you sleep (presumably naked) with a partner. My wife is a 98.6 F space-heating dynamo. Even with A/C running in the summer, I can still sleep next to her with barely the sheet covering me and still be hot while she has the comforter pulled up over her as well. But she's a "cold" type and I'm a "hot" bodied person so we kind of have that synthesis going!

I do understand the whole psychology of not wanting to be caught "with your pants down" in public. However, over my life's course I have never had any sort of experience that would prevent me from sleeping naked over a potential scenario that could happen in my sleep outside of modesty. I went to undergrad in a particularly cold region and we regularly had fire alarm pulls in our high-rise dorm. A pair of shorts is probably the quickest thing in tarnation that I can put on my body.

If someone is truly worried about a fire, I would be more concerned with putting on a coat, boots, hat, etc. if its cold out. From this forum I am starting to see I have had a really unique life experience. I can remember standing outside of the dorm in such events seeing other students (notably female coeds) wearing as little as boy shorts (is that what they're called?) and a sweatshirt pulled on in 40 F nighttime temperatures. No shoes or socks or anything else for some. I thought that was crazy at the time. But I can assure the concerned that the amount you would need to cover your body waking up from a dead sleep should not take anymore that two seconds to slip on! Hotels are generally the places where I would be most apt to sleep naked because there is really not a lot of ground to be covered (not much in a hotel but a small living area and a bathroom) and I'm generally not there long enough to "master" the sleeping temperature like I have in my house by experimenting with the amount of blanket cover vs. the room temperature.
If its 70 F in my bedroom during winter, you are guaranteed to see me wake up in a pool of sweat even on sleeping naked.

I would have acclimatized into thinking 65 is warm enough for shorts and T shirt.

In winter, I love to cuddle up in fuzzy long sleeves and sweatpants in bed to get the true seasonal feel, and so I keep the heat low.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-29-2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old 07-29-2014, 12:17 PM

19,468 posts, read 15,311,107 times
Quote:

I feel much better about it, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Sounds like the science of sleeping naked. LOL
LOL.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:03 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,308,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I feel much better about it, thank you.
This thread makes me feel like a nudist sleeping advocate! Perhaps I should start some sort of organization? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
If its 70 F in my bedroom during winter, you are guaranteed to see me wake up in a pool of sweat even on sleeping naked.

I would have acclimatized into thinking 65 is warm enough for shorts and T shirt.

In winter, I love to cuddle up in fuzzy long sleeves and sweatpants in bed to get the true seasonal feel, and so I keep the heat low.
I may even be further along the spectrum than you are. Due to sleeping beside someone, the temperature would have to be literally freezing for me to fathom wearing long sleeves and sweatpants to bed. Even when I've worn clothes to bed I can't recall wearing anything more than shorts and a t-shirt beyond elementary school age. Even in the winter, I would spontaneously combust if I wore long anything based on my wife's body heat contribution alone!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,242,779 times
Quote:
I may even be further along the spectrum than you are. Due to sleeping beside someone, the temperature would have to be literally freezing for me to fathom wearing long sleeves and sweatpants to bed. Even when I've worn clothes to bed I can't recall wearing anything more than shorts and a t-shirt beyond elementary school age. Even in the winter, I would spontaneously combust if I wore long anything based on my wife's body heat contribution alone!
I see you are a Steelers fan. All that strong beer during the playoffs at Heinz field must have tuned your metabolism . I wear Pats sweatpants to bed from Thanksgiving till the Superbowl . I live in Eagles territory (making it dangerous to represent my team's love through clothes ), and they got Darren Sproles, which could spell some trouble.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Quote:
Sweet! So you wield your 12-gauge shotgun in the nude too? Very popular on this thread!

I detect a sense of self-deprecation here. As City-Data is the realm of non-scientific polls, I'm sure you would find 9 out of 10 posters would welcome you into the land of naked sleepers with open arms! I mean, like literally. Hands above the waist folks!

Lol.....not true.But thankyou for making my day.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:47 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,425,921 times
I never did with any of my ex's even though I wanted to, it was only after sex I get very warm when with another person in bed, so I like to wear as little as possible and have a window slightly open
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships