Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 09:12 AM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
Pickings are slim already. Almost every attractive woman my age is married or in a serious relationship. And there are far fewer opportunities to meet women in the first place.
Oh but in that other thread, so many people are saying that yes, 28 is the perfect time to start dating, that earlier doesn't make sense.

What to do, what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,178,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Oh but in that other thread, so many people are saying that yes, 28 is the perfect time to start dating, that earlier doesn't make sense.

What to do, what to do.

No one seriously thinks waiting to 28 to date makes sense. They're just being polite. People need to learn to socialize when young... and dating is part of socializing.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:58 AM

102,390 posts, read 108,714,406 times
Quote:
Physical attraction is a prerequisite for overall attraction. It's not like I can magically "lower my expectations." Either a woman is sexually attractive to me or she is not. About 20-30% of women are sexually attractive to me, so that leaves a reasonable number. Problem is that they're almost all taken.
Look for other qualities to determine attraction. Do you like smart women? Fun, bubbly women? Down-to-earth women? Women who share some of your interests and can carry on a good conversation? Those kinds of things affect attraction as well.

And if you live in the middle of nowhere, this whole thread is pointless, until you address that problem. It sounds like you have no dating field at all.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:05 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,529,298 times
Quote:
I'm 25, graduated from college and live in the middle of nowhere.
That's a big problem then. I can't say a big city would help, either. If you're into the bar/club scene, then maybe. If you don't have a big social circle, then you're likely SOL. I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a mass of "20-something" available women in public that weren't there only because of their job and I'm drawing a blank.

Granted, I work behind barbed wire fences at chemical plants, so that ain't exactly prime social ground, either. A few weeks ago, I made use of my museum membership just to do so before it expires. Anyway, you know, all women like museums and they tout that on their OLD profiles, right? Nope. The only available women were really underage. As in on a school field trip underage. I guess I could have hit on some chaperon moms for kicks.

So, your likely age bracket's addiction to quick and easy entertainment at the push of a touch screen button is going to do anything but help you. If there is no chance for duck face selfies with a brewskie in hand, it's going to be like pulling teeth for you.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:58 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,226,945 times
I've never in my life seen a group of male friends in their 20's who were all successful(by my definition) with females. It's usually one or two guys who do extremely well, two or three who do "ok" and one guy who gets next to nothing.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:15 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,316,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I've never in my life seen a group of male friends in their 20's who were all successful(by my definition) with females. It's usually one or two guys who do extremely well, two or three who do "ok" and one guy who gets next to nothing.
I don't know your definition, but all of the guys in my close circle of friends managed to find a hot wife by age 35. Some dated more than others, but I attribute that more to personal preference more than any kind of success metric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships