Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 09:57 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times

Advertisements

I guess that there are lids for all pots.....

In terms of percentage of macho women, I'd venture to say it's pretty small.... most women are probably more in the middle and another percentage are probably "girly"... so to take a stab at it, I'd say probably 5 to 10 percent of women might fight this mold you speak of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 09:58 AM
MJ7 MJ7 started this thread

6,221 posts, read 10,741,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Mila is not masculine. What is masculine to you, as it relates to women?
She can kick butt, haven't you seen those movies. She's obviously a woman so she has a bit of that super model appeal.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
What about that TV show "Lost" Michelle Rodriguez's character.... but I can't remember if her character was gay or not..

Either way, she'd be able to open a big azz can of whoop ass.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
I like to keep fit. I also like to watch the Notebook. I don't put pink sweaters on my dog. I have no idea what you think a masculine woman is. This is such a strange thread.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I guess that there are lids for all pots.....

In terms of percentage of macho women, I'd venture to say it's pretty small.... most women are probably more in the middle and another percentage are probably "girly"... so to take a stab at it, I'd say probably 5 to 10 percent of women might fight this mold you speak of.
Not necessarily the macho type either. Just physically fit, likes to maybe not do so much of the girly girl stuff, but I'm not saying she has to be macho or non-feminine in anyway. She can still be very feminine as long as she is not overly. It's not as specific as I might have made it out to be.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,906,042 times
there's different ways to perceive masculine.....

masculine can describe someone's personality, for example taking the lead in a relationship, being the aggressor, etc

or it can describe so called activities, bodybuilder, being into weapons, or what are typically male dominated activities

I am very into lifting weights, working out, outdoorsy activities, though I look and act pretty feminine/girly as far as my personality and looks....so it just depends on which you mean

Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What about that TV show "Lost" Michelle Rodriguez's character.... but I can't remember if her character was gay or not..

Either way, she'd be able to open a big azz can of whoop ass.
Yes, exactly...she is my type for sure.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
there's different ways to perceive masculine.....

masculine can describe someone's personality, for example taking the lead in a relationship, being the aggressor, etc

or it can describe so called activities, bodybuilder, being into weapons, or what are typically male dominated activities

I am very into lifting weights, working out, outdoorsy activities, though I look and act pretty feminine/girly as far as my personality and looks....so it just depends on which you mean
What's your number?

Yeah, that's pretty much my type, but would depend a bit on how much feminine she takes it.

I'm not so much into the aggressor types really, just like a smart woman that is chill, but won't take **** from anyone.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:05 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Well, have you ever seen a squad of women marines? If you haven't I suggest you check it out sometime. I'm not trying to say it's a girl that's all about kicking my ass or anything, just one that likes to be physically fit, doesn't have to be boxing either, but it isn't a woman that wants to go home and watch the notebook and curl up with a small pet she puts pink sweaters on.
But you don't like weapons, which female Marines definitely have and use. I also wouldn't think of hippie chicks as curling up with a rom-com and a fluffy dog.

Quote:
She can kick butt, haven't you seen those movies. She's obviously a woman so she has a bit of that super model appeal.
Milla doesn't have "a bit" of supermodel in her--she is a former supermodel. Yes, I have seen Ultraviolet and all the Resident Evils. She is flexible and plays a fierce persona, but I don't think she can kick butt, no. Wearing leather pants and wielding a gun doesn't mean she is actually tough.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:06 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
That's a character she plays, Alice. She has super powers thanks to the T-Virus. I love the RE series and Ultraviolet (shush it!), but I wouldn't call her, the actress, masculine. And the majority of female Marines do not look like Ms. Jovovich. I know a number of female Marines, and they, too, aren't all masculine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships