Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 04:10 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, we missed you on the recent threads that were telling women what they need to do! How come you're always AWOL from those, but are quick to diss as horseflop the stuff women post?
Oddly enough, when you compare men's advice (from the boards) to men's practice (from the OKC data), they tend to generally line up but when you compare women's advice to women's practice, you come up with massive discrepancies like in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 04:10 PM

432 posts, read 491,815 times
Dear Abby:

Cite your statistics.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
That was an interesting read. So, I guess women should show pics of themselves doing something interesting and not have a selfie or a cleavage shot.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
That was an interesting read. So, I guess women should show pics of themselves doing something interesting and not have a selfie or a cleavage shot.
Depends on what they're looking for.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Depends on what they're looking for.
I'm just basing it on the article you quoted. It said that the chance of contact leading to an actual conversation was the highest with a pic of doing something interesting.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM

432 posts, read 491,815 times
Quote:
I'm just basing it on the article you quoted. It said that the chance of contact leading to an actual conversation was the highest with a pic of doing something interesting.
For sure! So many women's profiles are devoid of information that it's really tough to find a conversation starter. It's a cesspool of vacuity out there, believe me.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
But they get the most messages with top-down selfies and cleavage shots. Remember, the "actual conversation" data was a percentage. So if a profile with "something interesting" gets 10 messages, and 40% of them lead to a conversation, that's 4 conversations. If a cleavage shot gets 100, and 22% of them turn into conversations, that's 22 conversations. "About what?", you might ask. That's why I said "depends on what they're looking for".

If a guy were to suggest that women get bombarded with messages on this forum, it would instantly be followed up by a million angry posts that argue otherwise. If a woman simply wants more contacts, then selfies and cleavage are the way to go. If she wants to get laid? Probably the same. If she wants a meaningful relationship? Then yes, something interesting. But she'll get fewer messages overall. So it's up to her to determine what she wants, then design her profile accordingly.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
For sure! So many women's profiles are devoid of information that it's really tough to find a conversation starter. It's a cesspool of vacuity out there, believe me.
Also, this.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
But they get the most messages with top-down selfies and cleavage shots. Remember, the "actual conversation" data was a percentage. So if a profile with "something interesting" gets 10 messages, and 40% of them lead to a conversation, that's 4 conversations. If a cleavage shot gets 100, and 22% of them turn into conversations, that's 22 conversations. "About what?", you might ask. That's why I said "depends on what they're looking for".

If a guy were to suggest that women get bombarded with messages on this forum, it would instantly be followed up by a million angry posts that argue otherwise. If a woman simply wants more contacts, then selfies and cleavage are the way to go. If she wants to get laid? Probably the same. If she wants a meaningful relationship? Then yes, something interesting. But she'll get fewer messages overall. So it's up to her to determine what she wants, then design her profile accordingly.
Well, I always just thought I would just put one of my head shots in a profile if I were ever going to do online dating - which I'm not - but hypothetically speaking. They are professional shots and look like me on a good day. I doubt I would ever use a selfie or anything showing a lot of cleavage but then I'm not looking for quick sex. I also can't imagine being interested in a guy with out a shirt on - but maybe if it was done tastefully - like while wake boarding or something - as opposed to just posing - maybe? I don't know. I just can't see it happening. But then again, I'm not doing online dating.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
IMO #4, good grammar, should be number one IMO. With spell check available, there is no excuse for a profile that is full of simple spelling errors. The fact they are poor spellers isn't the deal breaker, it's that they're not self-aware or proactive or don't care enough to realize that about themselves and use spell check or ask someone to proof read it. Also don't say "I like too go too the coffee shop, they have bands their." One or two mistakes is okay, I have had to correct many typos in my own postings, but when the entire message or profile is riddled with bad grammar, it's hard to read and it's lazy to me, and that's a turn off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships