Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 10:49 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
2. You're underwhelmed by the quality of guys online. Well, where do you think those guys come from? Match.com doesn't create them. .
Match is notorious for fake profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Maybe that's why OLD isn't for me. It just seems like it's gone down hill A LOT since I last used it.
That's my feeling on it as well in some respects. Mainly that no one seems to know what capital letters and punctuation marks are used for anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
Or maybe they didn't read your profile. Who knows?
That's likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You're making assumptions about men who are divorced when you have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding their divorces.
I have to agree with this. You don't know who left who-did he leave her, did she blindside him, did he walk in on her and the neighbor having "lunch?" I understand wanting someone with the same life experience but at least be open to finding out why they're divorced. I grew up in a small town. People get married and divorced young because it's expected you will either go off to college and get married right after that, or you will graduate from h.s. and start a family. Many people as a result are divorced young due to getting married way too young.

Also, one thing I've learned on this board is if you have more than 2-3 preferences, you're too picky, especially if you're a woman with any sort of "damage" (kids and age being the top two).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 08:43 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchupuata View Post
When I started reading this thread at first I thought, "oh, a single mother is looking for someone, good for her, I hope she can find someone she likes", but reading it through level of delusion some women live with becomes annoying. She wants this great guy with all these great qualities and she's not willing to lower her standards, and yet, she's approaching thirty with a kid. Of course I get not wanting some drunk or drug addict or criminal or some high school dropout but excluding divorced men or men with cropped photos? How ridiculous is that? What are YOU bringing to the table? A kid and demands? Why would a guy with all the qualities you're looking for take you when he can find someone around the same age or younger and with no kids? I'm not saying you can't find a man, I sincerely hope you do as I wish everyone can find happiness in their lives but you should try being more flexible.

What you and Faith seem to fail to recognize is that all these men that Faith is meeting and getting involved with are just having sex with her, not a relationship, and certainly they're not taking care of her kid, which is perfectly fine if that's what you want, but don't expect them to stick around, and that's what I think you're looking for. Anyway, you said you're fine with being alone if you can't find the exact guy you want, so I suppose you'll be ok either way.
Completely wrong and ignorant. Do you know me? I don't think you do. I've posted many posts here at citydata where I speak about my views on sex and all things related. The only sexual partner I've had to date is my son's father. The man I was in a long term relationship with, my HS sweetheart, the man I was engaged to, and the man that unfortunately did not treat me right upon discovering my pregnancy and then especially when my mother passed away 1.5 years ago. I kicked him to the curb. Since then I have NOT had sex with any man that I've dated, or brought them around my child. I've dated and the most I've done is made out and I've verbalized my views and stances about sex to these men early on, some stayed, some went, but EVERY single one of them knew I was a single mom and pursued me regardless, they also knew I wasn't putting out. I've been asked to be the girlfriend of at least 3 men that I've dated since my ex--one of them I declined because after getting to know him felt he wouldn't be a consistent partner emotionally if we were in a relationship, the other I declined because despite meeting all the qualities I was looking for, he was an overall douche to other women he had dated prior to me, and the most recent one I'm getting to know still and ultimately am leaning toward an FWB with but due to some rationalization and discussion with him--I'm just dating him and taking it slowly to see where things go(relationship or otherwise). I can safely say that YES there are men out there that have attempted to use me for sex, since I was a single mom, but they never got "near it" and won't ever. So contrary to your belief there are men out there that meet what I'm looking for overall that hav wanted more than sex with me, despite me being a single mom, and this is of course once they realized sex was not going to happen right away.

I find it amusing that you think you know me and my situation enough to explain why these men pursued and dated me. But you don't. And you and other men (and women) that feel the way you do about single mothers and our options or lack of can really go somewhere with your stereotypical B.S analysis that doesn't hold merit in my life in ANY way. Also, my son just spent the weekend with his FATHER--that's right his biological father, which basically means that no I'm not looking for a man to be his father, since he already has one that is involved emotionally and financially in his life.

So you can come at the OP again, and this time leave my name out of it, because you don't know me like that. Thanks.

Last edited by Faith2187; 06-27-2014 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships