Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 08:12 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times

Advertisements

This guy I know through a mutual friend is always doing things to try to get my attention. But, when I confront him about the things he does, he plays dumb and acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Recently he did something that I thought he couldn't deny. We were at a party and he left a note on my car basically saying "Hey, I'd like to get to know you better." His friend SAW him do it, and yet when I confronted him about it, he said "I didn't leave any note, I don't know what you're talking about".

Is this guy in 7th grade? Why can't he just own up to his advances?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 08:16 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
My question to you is why do you even care?

You must like him or like the attention he's giving you?

Personally I wouldn't pay any mind to someone who plays childish games like that. I wouldn't give me a second thought.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:19 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
My question to you is why do you even care?

You must like him or like the attention he's giving you?

Personally I wouldn't pay any mind to someone who plays childish games like that. I wouldn't give me a second thought.
I just want to know why a guy would put himself out there and the back-peddle like crazy. I agree those are childish games. That's why I don't understand why a grown "man" would do something like that.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:21 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,487,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
I just want to know why a guy would put himself out there and the back-peddle like crazy. I agree those are childish games. That's why I don't understand why a grown "man" would do something like that.
You answered your own question.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:22 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times
Quote:
This guy I know through a mutual friend is always doing things to try to get my attention. But, when I confront him about the things he does, he plays dumb and acts like he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

Recently he did something that I thought he couldn't deny. We were at a party and he left a note on my car basically saying "Hey, I'd like to get to know you better." His friend SAW him do it, and yet when I confronted him about it, he said "I didn't leave any note, I don't know what you're talking about".

Mating games. All animals do it.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:29 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,056 times
What kind of boyfriend would he be? My god, imagine his bull****. Always a lie.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:36 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,146,302 times
I'd don't think I'd leave a note on someone's car. It just seems creepy maybe that's why he denies it.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:58 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,550 times
He sounds creepy. Maybe you should start ignoring him altogether. Maybe say, "look, I don't know what you're doing but I'm tired of this. Please leave me alone".

Frankly, sane adults don't leave a note and then deny it. That is definitely 7th grade.

This guy is trouble. What is he? Neighbor? Colleague? Schoolmate? If possible, completely avoid him and remove him from your life.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:59 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,940,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Mating games. All animals do it.
His tactics are not normal mating game for adults. He sounds potentially insane, frankly.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:02 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,709,438 times
Quote:

Maybe because you responded by 'confrounting' him.....that's a tad in your face.

If you really interested as him to a movie or something.......don't demand he lay out all his feelings first.

If you aren't interested then let him know that as well..politely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships