Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 03:56 PM

703 posts, read 870,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Most people here won't admit it, but there is such a thing as being "too broke to date", even for a woman. If someone is barely scraping by just to feed themselves and/or borrowing money to make ends meet, dating should not be on their list of priorities. But even in that dire circumstance people do find a love.
Exactly, it should never be a top priority. She should be thinking about other things. Her situation is too severe to be doing optional activities. What are you thinking about, anyway OP, a date a McDonald's. That already sounds like a rural date in the making. Seriously, your BF is most likely going to want to go to a place you don't have money for, and I don't think you want to be seen as a girl who is mooching off him, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 04:15 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
I am very surprised you haven't met some one while your at work.
But the not knowing the clientele it may not be appropriate .
You could spend time jogging in the park and meting people there casually and developing friendships other then work.
Seeing some one doing something healthy for them selves is very attractive even if they are not rich it is important to value your self well .
While dating I have never asked why the girl made , Fact is the girl I married lived with her parents in a trailer, and didn't have a job for 2 years after we were married. And she had collage, I did not. I supported us most of the time.
If I had to do it again I'd rather marry a poor girl as I did before. Smarter in some ways.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I am very surprised you haven't met some one while your at work.
But the not knowing the clientele it may not be appropriate .
You could spend time jogging in the park and meting people there casually and developing friendships other then work.
Seeing some one doing something healthy for them selves is very attractive even if they are not rich it is important to value your self well .
While dating I have never asked why the girl made , Fact is the girl I married lived with her parents in a trailer, and didn't have a job for 2 years after we were married. And she had collage, I did not. I supported us most of the time.
If I had to do it again I'd rather marry a poor girl as I did before. Smarter in some ways.
Right, but you're talking about CA, where a trailer can be $150,000 at times. That's not quite poor, and she had college, so she obviously had bigger ambitions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this girl has any set ambitions to improve herself from where she is right now.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:31 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
OP, I'm sure you must have a phone but just not a smart phone. Don't worry about that for right now, it will come in time. However, I do have a spare 32' Tv that you are welcome to have.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
OP, I'm sure you must have a phone but just not a smart phone. Don't worry about that for right now, it will come in time. However, I do have a spare 32' Tv that you are welcome to have.
^ A warm-hearted individual. Get in contact with him! This could help you even get back on track, you know? Something to keep yourself from getting way too stressed out. This forum is getting generous, and this post definitely deserves a positive rating.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:40 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
As a matter of fact it was a camping trailer parked by permission in the back yard of a church they took care of in trade.
Our ambitions were ministry which we had already done as a part of a group that traveled the country.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
As a matter of fact it was a camping trailer parked by permission in the back yard of a church they took care of in trade.
Our ambitions were ministry which we had already done as a part of a group that traveled the country.
There you go. she still had set ambitions and goals.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:52 PM

137 posts, read 272,842 times
I agree that you need a goal or a plan for a better financial situation.

In the meantime, I think you should date. Personally, I think you should date a lot. You might meet people who inspire you, or work in a place or field that you hadn't thought of considering. You might meet someone who becomes a good friend even if it doesn't work on a romantic level.

And, while I think you should upfront about not bring able to afford to go to fancy places or money being a little tight, I don't think you should discuss how tight money actually is or volunteer that it is a chronic problem when you are still in the talking stages before actually meeting and going on a date.

And, let the person you are dating buy dinner or a movie. Odds are, this is the norm for them on a date anyway. It's part of dating. No need to feel guilty.

But, don't expect it and go someplace you can't afford if he had not said he's paying. Meet in a park to talk, a cup of coffee, or a slice of pizza if he hasn't offered to pay and that's all you can afford at the moment.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope76 View Post
I agree that you need a goal or a plan for a better financial situation.

In the meantime, I think you should date. Personally, I think you should date a lot. You might meet people who inspire you, or work in a place or field that you hadn't thought of considering. You might meet someone who becomes a good friend even if it doesn't work on a romantic level.

And, while I think you should upfront about not bring able to afford to go to fancy places or money being a little tight, I don't think you should discuss how tight money actually is or volunteer that it is a chronic problem when you are still in the talking stages before actually meeting and going on a date.

And, let the person you are dating buy dinner or a movie. Odds are, this is the norm for them on a date anyway. It's part of dating. No need to feel guilty.

But, don't expect it and go someplace you can't afford if he had not said he's paying. Meet in a park to talk, a cup of coffee, or a slice of pizza if he hasn't offered to pay and that's all you can afford at the moment.
I don't see how being by some more successful person could make you better. If anything, that would probably put her even more on edge, and tensed up about her situation. She doesn't need to be dating anyone in her situation right now, and mooching off of other men. She can have friends and supporters, but she doesn't need to be going on dates. Plus, remember that there's also an emotional piece to this, and I don't think she needs more of that stress added on to her current one.

Old 07-08-2014, 06:21 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,078 times
Hard to believe even a poor woman would have this much trouble finding a partner. Now if you're a guy, being poor is NOT an option unless you are the "starving musician, actor, artist" type. But an average dude is SOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships