Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 12:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm thinking this can't be a real post. First you said you don't have great sex but then you say the sex is great.

And I don't know why you'd stay with someone like this for 2 years, let alone even move in with them.
I noticed the contradiction about the sex, too. Which is it, OP? Is it great, or not so much? Or is it that it gets rationed out parsimoniously, at her whim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 12:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,929 times
It sounds like you are wondering if all relationships are like this. No, they aren't.

As for whether you should stay, I can't advise you.

I do think that, if you are relatively healthy and kind person, being open to a committed and sexual relationship at your age means that you will have plenty of awesome women to choose from. IME, many men your age either are not very interested in sex, or are uninterested in settling down with one partner. So you are a bit of a catch . I don't think you need to worry that this is your last chance.

Being willing to put up with a pretty high level of personal issues in a partner is also a desirable trait -- you are not overly picky. For yourself, you could maybe stand to be a little more picky.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:23 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,230,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I noticed the contradiction about the sex, too. Which is it, OP? Is it great, or not so much? Or is it that it gets rationed out parsimoniously, at her whim?

And the lack of passion and all that "don't look!", "don't touch!" that he describes hardly sounds like great sex.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:34 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,402,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostin1960 View Post

Am I expecting too much for this woman? Should I run now and find someone who doesn't always have to be in control of everything? Should I give up on performing oral sex and just be satisfied with what she is willing to give? I have never met anyone like her. When I tell her she is a control freak she says she is not, that she has just had to make all the decisions in her house for years because of being a single mother and raising children alone. I kind kind of understand some aspects of this, but it doesn't explain the don't look at me naked, don't touch my boobs etc part of the crazy sex stuff.

Ideas/advice?
Get the hell out of there! Why have you waited so long? She sounds like a big PITA. I'd have told her to pound sand a long time ago.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:35 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,120,439 times
Well, um, wasn't she this way when you weren't living together?

Old 07-09-2014, 01:10 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
It sounds like you made a bad choice.

The traits/"quirks" you list sound like a nightmare if they are legit. But you fully acknowledge that the "quirks" were there all along, and it's been two years.

You say, "My friends say I should not question the relationship because she is good looking, smart and makes good money." If you, yourself, decided to trade on normal behavior so that you could be with a younger woman your friends consider hot, smart, and well-off, that appears to have been a poor choice on your part. Because, two years later, shocker, she still has the "quirks," and you're no longer happy with the "hot, makes good money, smart" thing, with the rest of the package that's coming with that. I can't say I blame you, but I have to ask why you thought this was tolerable in the first place. No, it's not normal.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Rock View Post
Sit around naked, getting high and drinking, use the F word constantly and tell her if she doesn't like it she can lump it. After she makes you a sandwich.
i wouldnt do the getting high routine, and i wouldnt use the F word all the time, and given her propensity to make foods he doesnt like, i would make my own sandwich, and then turn on the race and crank up the volume.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:15 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,483 times
People are treated the way they allow others to treat them. You sound quite aware of her behavior and are not ok with it. That's because it sounds like a parent/child relationship, alot of men are ok with this type of dynamic (it can work the other way too, plenty of controlling men . . .)

Sounds like you need to be with a woman that will treat you like a man. A relationship is about two people listening, sharing thoughts & ideas, supporting each other, mutual respect, kindness and compassion.

No one can change anyone and since she doesn't seem to have the ability to listen and see her own behavior than there isn't really anything you can do except ask yourself how long do you want to continue being in this type of relationship.

I find controlling people draining, they'll drain someone to the degree they're needy - yuck - air !

This is from insecurities within, the need to control everyone & everything, so unhealthy.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
Dude, not normal! Most women enjoy sex. This one has hang-ups, as well as being a control freak.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,936,361 times
If it was me, I would get out of that relationship.

On the other hand I suspect there is another side to this story ... her side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships