Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:46 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,540,707 times

Advertisements

Lots of expert opinions on SD/SB and prostitution. You must all have done both.

I've dipped my toes in the sugar arena and can attest that it's not all what the media and your neighbors tell you. Get out of the box, folks. It gets pretty smelly in there after a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 07:32 PM

782 posts, read 1,086,743 times
Guys are admired for their hunting skills, or looks. Hunting = ability to make money.
Girls for their looks, shape (baby making body shape).
It's all primal, mother nature stuff.

Society can whine all it wants about it, won't change a thing.

Nothing to see here folks, move along, clear the sidewalk.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
a great many people are in a employee employer relationship who think they are happily married. until a mouse is eaten by the anaconda sharing its cage-- it thinks that anaconda is its best friend. they wait weeks b4 they eat them. but for us its usually about 24 months.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:39 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,245 times
I will get bombed for this but if I were a guy I would probably have the hot younger gal too.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 PM

377 posts, read 532,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No money doesn't buy my love or do I want to buy him.
The money is not to buy love at all, at least with me it's not. What the money is for is to make sure that boundaries aren't broken. If they break the rules, the money stops and you move on. Way too many SB's to be stuck with one who brings drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am 25 and like dating older men. Most of the guys my age are still into playing video games and seeing who can belch the loudest after powering down some beers. I got over that kind of thing while I was still in college. I like dating men... not boys.
Some older men have some game ( money not withstanding) and while I agree that there are those who would take advantage, not all of us who date older are after their money.
What I am really gathering from the posts here is more a case of sour grapes than actually being indignant ( like its likely to happen to you). My money says that many of you posters would jump at the chance to spend time with a young pretty girl, but unfortunately you don't have the where with all to pull it off. I am laughing at you!
What you say is what all the young women I've met say. Guys who are immature, broke, and 2 pump chumps or worse, guys who would rather hang out with their friends getting drunk and high, then to go take care of their girlfriend who is waiting for them.
I like young women, but over time, their lack of experience makes it tough to relate, so I can never have an arrangement with them alone. Not saying having that once a week meet where you just have fun, is bad at all.

Facts

Tons of women, makes it a buyer's market
No matter what you read in the paper, the typical SB will get between 12-2400 a month for an allowance.
Only a few, will get the big time money. Even that google exec who was murdered was paying only 1K to that girl.
The numbers of college aged SB has exploded the last two years. Each month there are hundreds of new profiles.

The popularity and acceptance has screwed the sisterhood, in regards to SB's...again buyer's market
Many single mothers and students find it a great way to supplement their current salary.
For myself, even if I dumped 6K a month, it's a lot cheaper, and less headache then being married to my ex. So which would you prefer, being in a marriage with an entitled lazy beach, or hang out with someone fresh, who appreciates you, and doesn't bring you any drama?

Old 07-11-2014, 09:42 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,316,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am 25 and like dating older men. Most of the guys my age are still into playing video games and seeing who can belch the loudest after powering down some beers. I got over that kind of thing while I was still in college. I like dating men... not boys.
Some older men have some game ( money not withstanding) and while I agree that there are those who would take advantage, not all of us who date older are after their money.
What I am really gathering from the posts here is more a case of sour grapes than actually being indignant ( like its likely to happen to you). My money says that many of you posters would jump at the chance to spend time with a young pretty girl, but unfortunately you don't have the where with all to pull it off. I am laughing at you!
A lot of the indignation is probably coming from people who have more than a modicum of self-respect and call the whole 'sugar daddy/sugar baby' arrangement for what it resembles: prostitution. Paying to have the company (and services of) of a young attractive girl seems kind of pathetic, for both parties involved. But for those with looser morals I guess it doesn't matter. So for those people I guess it works --so have fun!!! But a lot of young, attractive women have nothing but looks to offer, so I don't know what kind of wherewithal is needed to get those types. If they are willing to sell themselves for money, I think that's a pretty good indicator of their value. And it speaks volumes about the guy willing to pay.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:18 PM

52,204 posts, read 52,636,749 times
The whole subject is just silly.... full of ego and one-upmanship........

People just need to be real with each other...... sugar daddies and sugar babies, while fine and dandy... it isn't real life.... again... if people want to live that way fine... I just think when you filter it all down... it's all rather silly...

Just one non-sugar daddy thinking out loud...

Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
With how materialistic society is in general, and with how much importance some guys place on a woman's appearance (all other things aside), being able to see this phenomenon out and about doesn't surprise me.

Heck, I have a 20 something cousin who, for years, has unashamedly let it be known that she is trying to find herself "sugar daddy" so she doesn't have to work any longer.

It's not an arrangement than everyone, or even a majority of people seek. However, it is real.
It's not just materialistic....some of these gals (Russian brides etc.) are doing it out of desperation.

Ditto for the guys. I can't imagine (my parents just had their 50th) living in a relationship where my mate didn't have my back.

I'd rather be alone.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 PM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The whole subject is just silly.... full of ego and one-upmanship........

People just need to be real with each other...... sugar daddies and sugar babies, while fine and dandy... it isn't real life.... again... if people want to live that way fine... I just think when you filter it all down... it's all rather silly...

Just one non-sugar daddy thinking out loud...
It's real life....it's just a modified form of prostitution.

Common barter....sex for money, fame or other advancement.

Not to be confused by women that find older men attractive, or their power etc etc etc.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:39 PM

52,204 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's real life....it's just a modified form of prostitution.

Common barter....sex for money, fame or other advancement.

Not to be confused by women that find older men attractive, or their power etc etc etc.
Depressing and a measure of truth... at least for some people.

I prefer to try and live in a less cynical world.

I think I might have a slightly hopeless romantic streak running thru me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships