Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 06:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimeng View Post
I do work and I don't financially depend on him. The only thing is I feel I have invested so much time, emotion, and effort, into this relationship and I refuse to see it fail. I met him when I had all the passion, trust, and love. Now there's hardly any left in me. So I don't believe I can make another guy happy or vice versa.

Not dating not seem to be an option to me either, I don't do well alone. I left home for school at a very young age and probably why I always long for the family/couple feel. That's why I stayed with him.
while i can understand why you are wanting to stay with him, and that is typical with couples that have been together for sometime, you have to understand that your relationship is toxic for both of you. and the only way to eliminate those toxins is to either go to couples counseling, or go your separate ways. personally i say go your separate ways its the best option here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
I do work and I don't financially depend on him. The only thing is I feel I have invested so much time, emotion, and effort, into this relationship and I refuse to see it fail. I met him when I had all the passion, trust, and love. Now there's hardly any left in me. So I don't believe I can make another guy happy or vice versa.

Not dating not seem to be an option to me either, I don't do well alone. I left home for school at a very young age and probably why I always long for the family/couple feel. That's why I stayed with him.
The only thing is I feel I have invested so much time, emotion, and effort, into this relationship Yeah? How much MORE time are you going to invest before you finally leave? Because it will eventually happen - the relationship sounds too far in the toilet. Every day that you are with him is one less day in a happier future.

I refuse to see it fail. Well, I guess that means you aren't even close to leaving - so look forward to a lot of the same.

Not dating not seem to be an option to me either, I don't do well alone I have a good friend that bounced from one bad man to another. Her therapist told her to go a year without dating - to get herself right, before she took up another bad chapter. Two more men later, she finally did that. She worked on herself and is now with a good guy. The bad ones can sense the desperation and zone in. The good ones can also sense it and run away.

Or you can keep doing what has not worked for you - and hope for a miracle.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:36 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
I've been dating a divorced man with a daughter for 3 years. We always had a bit of issues that he wouldn't quit talking about his ex, and not communicate with me at all when taking his daughter out for a day.

Yesterday when his daughter was facetiming the mom, he asked to take over and face timed her about some schedule arrangement which didn't make me feel good, as he promised not to talk to his ex in front of me because of how he hurt me by talking about his ex non stop for 2 years in a favorable way.

Long story short, today he was going to take her daughter somewhere for the day and didn't tell me like always( we live together.) I was so frustrated plus the facetiming, so I started a fight.

In the heat of fighting, he grabbed me and threw me into bed, so I started hitting him on the back using my fist. He yelled to his daughter to come out her room and "witness this and help him to remove this animal from the house." When his daughter heard him yelling and came out of the room, she got scared and started to cry. I just couldn't believe he called a kid out to see our fighting and scared her. Seeing her cry made me go crazy and after the daughter went back to her room, I slapped him hard on the face.

As im writing this, the conscience is eating me alive and it hurts like hell. What can I do to help myself? I need help.
Here's the best advice I can give for this DYSFUNCTIONAL relationship there is no hope of saving.
1) Break up
2) Break up
3)Break up

Any questions?

Old 07-12-2014, 06:43 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
Here's the best advice I can give for this DYSFUNCTIONAL relationship there is no hope of saving.
1) Break up
2) Break up
3)Break up

Any questions?
Exactly.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
1) Break up
2) Break up
3)Break up

Any questions?
it doesnt get any more succinct than that. well said.

and do it before you start posting threads here about how your boyfriend beat you up, and ask what to do about it.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:50 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
Leave him and don't contact him again, he deserves better. You should be in jail.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Leave him and don't contact him again, he deserves better. You should be in jail.
I think banned is extremely young and does not understand that he could be endangering her life with his asinine post.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think banned is extremely young and does not understand that he could be endangering her life with his asinine post.
With her violent nature it's clearly others lives in danger, she should be alone in a jail cell.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:09 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Oh look, he puts his narcissism above her life.

Kinda like her bf.

Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 PM

52,271 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I don't recall reading in this thread that the BF was hitting her, I only read her throwing the beatings around.

Maybe Banned isn't that far off....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships