Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:44 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,662 times

Advertisements

This is something I have found to be quite interesting as I know a lot of people who go through this, myself included.

For instance say your ex was into exotic brunettes and suddenly turns to blondes or was into the typical "caucasian" (light skin, light hair) man and is suddenly dating exotic men after your break up ... How would you interpret this sudden switch? (Would you take offense ...)

After going through multiple disappointments with men who were supposedly "my type", I'm suddenly attracted to the complete opposite to the point where I no longer have any sort of sexual attraction towards these "exes". Sure, I think they're cute but quite meh. Hence, I'm quite curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:46 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,996,892 times
I never cared. They were exes for a reason and what they did post-iknowftbll was never a concern to me.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:49 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
People change.

My current bf has a long history of dating church girls who wanted to get married, have kids, and were extremely high maintenance/wanted to be the center of attention.

I am/want none of those things.

I think people will always test the waters and change their tastes based off of good/bad experiences.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:09 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,727 times
Well people may change. They think they want one thing, but after it doesn't work out, maybe a few times, they switch over and go for something different. Like a girl who dates the bad boys because they have those stereotypical traits many girls love. After it causes tons of drama, and she's been dumped or lead around alot, she'll go for a nicer guy--maybe the guys that stay friendzoned alot.

That was cliche, but an example nonetheless. lol

As for me, if I had a boyfriend, and he became an ex, I wouldn't care who he was with.

1. If I dump him, then I apparently didn't care for him in that way anymore, thus wouldn't care that he was moving on with his life.

2. If he dumps me, I assume the same thing. He just didn't feel that way for me anymore, so naturally, he'll start dating another/different girl he is feeling it with. Not to say I may not be upset with losing him, but it was fun while it lasted, and he wasn't the one for me.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:11 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,217,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
This is something I have found to be quite interesting as I know a lot of people who go through this, myself included.

For instance say your ex was into exotic brunettes and suddenly turns to blondes or was into the typical "caucasian" (light skin, light hair) man and is suddenly dating exotic men after your break up ... How would you interpret this sudden switch? (Would you take offense ...)

After going through multiple disappointments with men who were supposedly "my type", I'm suddenly attracted to the complete opposite to the point where I no longer have any sort of sexual attraction towards these "exes". Sure, I think they're cute but quite meh. Hence, I'm quite curious.

I would have no clue what an ex anything was doing or who they are dating.
Once and ex always an ex and no thought about them after I walk out of the door.
Seriously, who cares, their life, their choices and obviously they have moved on.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
I never do follow ups after a breakup, so I wouldn't know what ex's do with their dating life; don't have time, don't care

Old 07-17-2014, 08:17 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,739,662 times
I'm not saying "following up" per se, but maybe just bumping into them or for those who stayed friends with them.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:59 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
I would wonder probably and ask myself "why".

But all my exes dated brunettes before and after me, so I was never really surprised.

I had a cheater ex and always knew immediately with whom he was doing it on the side when I saw them around town - all the girls looked like they could be related to me.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Never cared, even when it really was an opposite, like a fem female.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post

No, I wouldn't take offense. Be congratulatory! Least they're now not your concern? And, maybe they can find someone they can truly be happy with?

Life's too short to go around comparing and keepin up with the Jones'. Eff em. Live for yourself and enjoy. Who cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships