Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 12:35 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
She got upset "Stop saying yeah, it's like you are not listening". I gave her a bit of a smart ass answer and said that we work at the same company and we are talking about the same subject and account. I'm not ignoring you.

Her "You can just go home". "You're not my boyfriend".

This has been one of my issues with her for a while. She comes off as needy/whiny/emotional. She is REALLY into me unfortunately, but I cannot deal with her headcase issues and how she acts. It brings a side of anger that I don't like to show to people.
Good for you buddy.

The worst possible thing you could have done is apologize profusely to her. If she has the audacity to tell you to "just go home" then she clearly feels like she can say just about anything to you.

Tons of other women out there.

You should never feel as if you have to "walk on eggshells" with any woman.

Find one that knows how to talk properly to a man.

Too many weak men out here tolerating disrespect.

Leave her to the wolves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Good for you buddy.

The worst possible thing you could have done is apologize profusely to her. If she has the audacity to tell you to "just go home" then she clearly feels like she can say just about anything to you.

Tons of other women out there.

You should never feel as if you have to "walk on eggshells" with any woman.

Find one that knows how to talk properly to a person.

Too many weak men out here tolerating disrespect.

Leave her to the wolves.
I fixed that for you. It's got nothing to do with "women talking to men properly," and everything to do with her learning how to comport herself in public.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:50 AM

785 posts, read 954,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I fixed that for you. It's got nothing to do with "women talking to men properly," and everything to do with her learning how to comport herself in public.
I didn't mean to come off as sexist in my OP if I did. I was just speaking from a man's perspective.

Also some of the things I've "tolerated" in the past was her swearing and name calling when she was upset. I have not dealt with that in previous relationships but I'm not a weak guy, I just overlooked it.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
been there done that.
say waiter check please
offer to have her dinner bagged up bag your up and leave.
tell her we dont have to do this.
stop going out with this person.
yes I agree, who wants to spend their time being scolded

Old 07-18-2014, 12:57 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
I didn't mean to come off as sexist in my OP if I did. I was just speaking from a man's perspective.

Also some of the things I've "tolerated" in the past was her swearing and name calling when she was upset. I have not dealt with that in previous relationships but I'm not a weak guy, I just overlooked it.
I didn't think you were being sexist. USAMathman's post did seem a little bit sexist, but he may not have intended it that way.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
No need to fix anything.

I said exactly what I wanted to say.

She doesn't know how to talk to a man. It has everything to do with the OP situation.

THERE IS a right and a wrong way to talk to your man.

She told the guy to leave and that is exactly what he did.

Good job once again OP for standing your ground and sticking to your principles.

In my opinion...Women respect that more than anything.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:03 AM

113 posts, read 111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
No need to fix anything.

I said exactly what I wanted to say.

She doesn't know how to talk to a man. It has everything to do with the OP situation.

THERE IS a right and a wrong way to talk to your man.

She told the guy to leave and that is exactly what he did.

Good job once again OP for standing your ground and sticking to your principles.

In my opinion...Women respect that more than anything.
Rep for you buddy. I find it comical how certain types want to make everything gender neutral. Guess what, we're different, think differently, biologically different , and experience the world in vastly different ways.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:46 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
You may or may not need to fix your listening skills.

However, if somebody tells me "You can just go home", I would get up without saying anything else and leave.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:04 AM

457 posts, read 604,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Sometimes people just want to say their piece, and they just want you to hear it. They may not want you to solve it or agree or disagree, but just to hear them out. They definitely don't want to be blown off, either.

The way you described the scene at dinner, you were not the best company.
It sounds like that's what he did, everyone has their own ways of doing it, when I hear my mother on the phone, most of her responses are of the 'mmhmm' variety, which is similar to the OP, so many women do that too when listening to a long story or issue. I think it's more her than him in this case.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM

457 posts, read 604,963 times
Quote:
They make the best lovers though.

Really, previous relationships I have not dealt with this much 'drama'.

Sure I've had arguments, been called an a-hole once or twice, but this woman sets the record.
You said it yourself in the original post, but it looks like you're torn on this issue as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships