Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:19 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times

Advertisements

Ok guys, but I think what Nila is asking for is what should her profile SAY that would indicate she is the type of woman you are looking for. Like the response above lists qualities, but short of making a list saying: "I am attentive, trustworthy, respectful, etc." (which anyone could say and not be telling the truth), how would she indicate to you that she is what you are looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 02:25 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
^Yes, a list of traits means little, especially as personal definitions of these qualities can vary a lot. So how do people leave the impression of possessing those traits? How do they show & communicate them via the written word?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:57 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,373 times
I've got it! Not only will it work for those with a short attention span, it will show pictures too. Instead of writing out the list, have a "flip-book" of at least 6 good qualities with a photo of you in action. Like, "caring and sensitive" you could be cuddling a kitten. Of course, to keep a guys attention you'd have to be cuddling the kitten in your underwear. And "intellegent" you could be looking over the top of a pair of glasses, and "fun and spontaneous" - spinning plates while blowing a party horn...I'm saying this tongue in cheek, because I'd say MOST of the guys here have been fairly vocal about their opinions about good quality women like yourself, and their opinions have been without a doubt some of the most immature and ridiculous I've ever heard. I strongly suspect that Mcgrews minions might be having computer time again.
But, that being said, if some of the 'better' guys would step up and help answer this it would be worthwhile.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
This is inspired by all the threads about how women's OLD profiles are terrible and unrealistic.

Imagine your ideal future wife. Forget the pics -- what does the text of her profile say? What catches your attention and fires up your imagination, making you think she just might be perfect for the long haul?
So, you want to lie?

Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Nothing. I mean, there is nothing that she could say in text before we meet that might make me think she is perfect for the long haul. After interacting with her and having chemistry and emotions arise will be the only thing that could make me think of the long term.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
A professional contortionist/sword swallower would definitely pique my interest.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:47 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
A man over 35 knows better than to compose a profile of his ideal woman. Why? Because he realizes (or hopefully realizes) that there's no ideal person out there. So why conjure up such an image? I have a list of deal breakers, things that I'll never accept no matter how great the person. But beyond that, everything is flexible.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:20 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Some women will identify some aspect as partially true but the problem is being transparently true.

Man; I am a wealthy cyclist, and ride 40 miles a day.
Girl responds ; "I ride too."
In reality she hasn't been on a bicycle in 20 years, or says to her self , "I could learn to ride."
What the man should then say ; Join me on a ride tomorrow.
In my world it seems most men want a companion that actually does things with him , not he does his thing, and she does her own thing.
Kind of defeats the purpose of being married.
IMO
Couples should have similar or the same profession , though that's extraordinary ,I still see it as an advantage.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,283,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Nothing. I mean, there is nothing that she could say in text before we meet that might make me think she is perfect for the long haul. After interacting with her and having chemistry and emotions arise will be the only thing that could make me think of the long term.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've read profiles where the person seemed so cool and fun. We met up and they were the exact opposite. In the end, a lot of what's in the profile is pretty cliche. You have to meet up with the person and get to know them on a truly personal level to really understand who they are.

I definitely like what's in a profile if it's interesting, but what's in a profile doesn't always transpire in real life.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,530 times
worships the ground I walk on
loves me for me
Willing to put up with me
cheap and out of this world

What do you want from a dude who is 35 and up. After 35 ( or even 20 ) most men do not care. boys are boys.

We want Sarah Palin but is married and not cheap, but sure is out of this world. Maybe Conda Lisa Rice. She sure got some good teeth on her, and willing to put up with Dick. If every woman was Sarah Palin. The world would be filled with blind men. I mean that in the good way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships