Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:12 PM

28 posts, read 19,839 times

Advertisements

I dated this woman same age as myself (46 at the time). We havent seen each other in almost 2 years so she is currently 48 and she is a dating a 24 year old young man. She does keep herself in wonderful shape and she had a history of dating men at least 7-10 years younger than herself. I was the lone exception. I had to admit though that even I thought half her age was a bit too young but I have never met this young man so perhaps he is mature for his age. Like an old soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 02:15 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
I dated a 38 year old last year. I had no idea she was that age and didn't really care. I'm 30 so it's bot really that big of a gap, but that's the oldest I've ever dated

I honestly thought she was in her mid-late twenties. I made her show me the ID when she said she was 38. Lol. Asian/black women must age well!
She was a lot of fun too, but ended up just being there for the summer.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:23 PM

377 posts, read 533,102 times
she gets tired of waiting a few hours for turn around time....she isn't getting any younger

Old 07-21-2014, 02:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Yeah, guys that age swarm women her age. It's kind of a fad.

She'll probably get tired of him, like men your age do when they date women that young. There's a lack of depth, even when they are very mature for their age.

(I note that it's been two years. She did not 'trade you in'. Why are you still obsessing about someone you dated years ago?)

Old 07-21-2014, 02:25 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicdude1 View Post
I dated this woman same age as myself (46 at the time). We havent seen each other in almost 2 years so she is currently 48 and she is a dating a 24 year old young man. She does keep herself in wonderful shape and she had a history of dating men at least 7-10 years younger than herself. I was the lone exception. I had to admit though that even I thought half her age was a bit too young but I have never met this young man so perhaps he is mature for his age. Like an old soul.
You weren't "traded in"

You haven't seen her in TWO YEARS, she has the right to go back to dating whomever she wants to date and it has absolutely noting to do with you.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
I dated a 42 year old woman when I was 30. Probably the oldest woman I've been with. I think I may have been with some later 30 year old women when I was in my early 20's.

Older women and younger men share similar sex drives. It just works better physically, and at that age you start to understand that eternal happiness isn't always what you seek. Most women in their 40's have had children, done the husband thing, and are now looking just to have some fun while they still can. Lots of 50 year old single men who like late 40 year old women who stayed hot out there. When the looks begin to fade a little and the 20's start ignoring her, she'll look for someone closer to her age who will be happy to have a woman who still has a figure.

I say good for her.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Weird. Why OP are you obsessed with this?

Old 07-21-2014, 02:41 PM

28 posts, read 19,839 times
Good point about the 2 year time frame. I was in contact with her up till 6 months ago but still you are right, it does still sound obsessive. We live in two different states, time zones and grew apart. I was just surprised she pulled off the 24 year old male thing. I wouldnt mind that myself (the 24 year old part) but I really dont think 24 year old females look upon me as dating material even if I do keep myself in good shape. Even if I could that I doubt it would last long due to the age difference.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:43 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Big deal it isn't like she dumped you....
Move on with your life

Old 07-21-2014, 03:39 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,514,620 times
Quote:
I have some significant doubt that it's this young man's old soul that she's interested in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships