Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:46 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt257 View Post
yes I'm freaking out
Then STOP IT. You are acting like a frightened child. This is no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 10:57 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
but she's going to see my results and I'm afraid she might freak out and treat me like a lepper scrubbing her body down after she sees me and slathering me with antibacterial gels and the sort. she's really serious about me and wants to take the relationship to the next level.. long term commitment. and I have never had a problem giving girls oral....its ridiculous for you to ban that from me
Seriously? You have never even kissed and it sounds like you two don't know or trust each other at all--and she wants a long-term commitment with you?

Something about this story sounds "off."

Old 07-23-2014, 02:59 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,160,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
That was my point. I guess I should have put "canker sores" in quotes.
Bloody hell. I was wondering what they were called, since I get them under tremendous stress from time to time (I don't have a full-time position yet and are not afflicted in summer). Good thing they're not transmittable.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
I had a herpes test last year. It was positive for HSV-1 2.4titer. I never thought I had any form of herpes since I never had symptoms, like never. In the past I never shared any open containers with anyone because I'm a germaphobe. I have met a new girl who is really into me and I'm head over heels for her. She just told me she got her std test results back and everything is negative including herpes test was negative too. I have recent test results and all mine is negative except for the herpes test. We've been seeing each other for about 6 weeks, no sexual contact and no kissing yet. Well when we see each next we will be exchanging results or papers. I am terrified that she will reject me because of my positive hsv 1 results. I've never had a cold sore ever. I think I may have fallen for this girl. I'm so scared.
I'm sorry Bro.

That sounds worse than it probably is.

Sucks you have it and are a germ a phobe.

Be honest with her.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Like I said... tell her you are negative for STDs.

That's all she needs to know. Don't make a big deal over it.

If you want to tell her that you tested positive for cold sores, which is true... tell her. Also, tell her you find it weird because you have never had a cold sore before.

But, that's totally up to you. I dunno anyone that is going to ditch a guy for having the virus that causes cold sores.

Chill out, man.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:51 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Kiss meeeee ...

Because ..

"In healthy adults, HSV-2 infection occurs more frequently in the USA than in Europe."

Epidemiology of herpes simplex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The lowest prevalence was in western Europe, where prevalence reached a maximum of around 18% among women and 13% among men.

WHO | An estimate of the global prevalence and incidence of herpes simplex virus type 2 infection

Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Would you date someone with oral herpes?
Yes. In fact, regardless of what other posters will say, most of them probably have dated people with oral herpes (aka cold sores) without knowing it, and many of them carry it themselves without knowing it. (Most who carry the virus are asymptomatic.)

All you can really do is not kiss or have oral sex during an outbreak, which minimizes (but does not completely prevent) transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
To clarify for people, Herpes 1 is not the sexually-transmitted one. That's Herpes 2.
This is an inaccurate oversimplification. Either kind can occur on the mouth OR genitals, and can be transmitted from one to the other via oral sex.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:33 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,613 times
Yes... something like 80 or 90% of adults have HSV-1. lol

It's no big deal... just no kissing or oral while active.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
No.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:50 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Yes... something like 80 or 90% of adults have HSV-1. lol

It's no big deal... just no kissing or oral while active.
People with HSV shed virus while asymptomatic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships