Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM

785 posts, read 957,974 times

Advertisements

This is the girl I have been dating about 7 months I was unsure of for many reasons ranging from her cheating out of her last relationship to her namecalling and emotional blackmail during our fights.

She was out a bit drinking and she told me that she hates me because I ripped her heart, but she misses me and misses the man that lets things just happen naturally. She called me first and then said that she was outside.

It was a bit of a mess. Part of her cares about me, but she feels also that she doesn't want to marry anyone now because of the hurt I caused, much due to getting real personal when she starts fighting with me. She says I don't love her or care about her and that I'm judgmental to people.

I don't know what to think of this. She blocked me from everything but in a moment of weakness called me up. She cried for an hour, yelled at me a bit, hit me. Said I don't make her feel wanted or beautiful and that I put up a 'tough guy' front to the world but she likes the sweet man I am. She said my ex turned me into someone that is incapable of love. It does hurt to see her like that honestly but I don't think we are compatible unless things really change.

I let her sleep at my place and although she attempted to seduce me, I declined sex. She has mentioned other men interested in her, especially another at work who probably at this point hates me. He is a friend who has been waiting for two years for the demise of her last relationship with her ex and of course things with her and I. I'm not sure how interested she is or if she's using him and other men for jealousy, but I believe if I do attempt to work things out she needs to cease contact with them.

It's a bit difficult to keep my emotions in check. Part of me feels a loss when she ceases contact or short with me, but at the same time things have not always been peachy with us. She is clearly much more emotionally invested than I am.

Had she not tried to elicit me to feel something early on and give me my space, I would probably be more inclined. I'm not sure how to proceed here now and whether or not me answering that call and letting her sleep here was the best thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 01:39 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,199,006 times
You should not have let her in. Now it's like you've picked a scab, it bled all over the place, and you have to let it heal all over again.

She was drunk. She is your ex for a reason. Not much more to say!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:41 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,048,518 times
you broke up with her? I don't know the story, but regardless I'd stay broken up with her. Don't let your guard down.

The way she is acting is crazy, tell her to stay away until she gets her emotions in check, and who cares about the men that is interested in her? You're not, and that was her trying to make you feel jealous. Game playing 101, don't fall for that garbage.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:44 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,413,632 times
Self inflicted drama, dude.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:46 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,480,120 times
Who doesn't want a manipulative, verbally & physically abusive girlfriend who is an emotional train wreck?

If you don't want her, point her my way.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:48 PM

785 posts, read 957,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You should not have let her in. Now it's like you've picked a scab, it bled all over the place, and you have to let it heal all over again.

She was drunk. She is your ex for a reason. Not much more to say!
That's true. I really hate when she drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
you broke up with her? I don't know the story, but regardless I'd stay broken up with her. Don't let your guard down.

The way she is acting is crazy, tell her to stay away until she gets her emotions in check, and who cares about the men that is interested in her? You're not, and that was her trying to make you feel jealous. Game playing 101, don't fall for that garbage.
After a few fights she kept her distance and she told me for a while things weren't the same between us. I wasn't right, but she tends to make it appear as she is faultless when these situations occur.

I agree. I have been meaning to ask her why did she come over. Also the other men doesn't bother me too much...I just told her that women have options...like a 'break dick in case of emergency' lol.

She was also asking if someone else was sleeping in my bed, etc for some reason. I do want to fully ask her why she came over though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Who doesn't want a manipulative, verbally & physically abusive girlfriend who is an emotional train wreck?

If you don't want her, point her my way.
That made me laugh LOL. I may have to use that for my Facebook post but I will catch some heat.

I've told her that I've NEVER been with someone who has cussed at me and named called so much in arguments than her. I do say some personal and hurtful things out of retaliation which I know I'm not right in doing that, but she doesn't take fault for what she does.

She just chalks it up that she's a little 5'2'' girl and I'm a 6'1'' black guy with a deep voice so when I say/do something its more abusive.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:50 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,698,286 times
She's a mess, you know it as well as we do.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:51 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,199,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
That's true. I really hate when she drinks.

After a few fights she kept her distance and she told me for a while things weren't the same between us. I wasn't right, but she tends to make it appear as she is faultless when these situations occur.

I agree. I have been meaning to ask her why did she come over. Also the other men doesn't bother me too much...I just told her that women have options...like a 'break dick in case of emergency' lol.

She was also asking if someone else was sleeping in my bed, etc for some reason. I do want to fully ask her why she came over though.
No, do not ask her. You KNOW why! She was just drunk and still pissed at you. Ego blow, you know??

You said yourself she was more into it than you were. If you start a conversation with her about this, you will bring all that pain back into your life.

Old 07-27-2014, 01:54 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,267,217 times
You would know by now if you had wanted this to be a relationship, and its obvious it just doesnt work. Do yourself, and her, a favor, and cut off all contact. You need time to heal, and she needs time to get you out of her system. Her mentioning other guys to you is a ruse to get you to show some emotion, some jealousy. She seems a bit obsessed.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:03 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,480,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post

That made me laugh LOL. I may have to use that for my Facebook post but I will catch some heat.
My gift to you.

Quote:
I've told her that I've NEVER been with someone who has cussed at me and named called so much in arguments than her. I do say some personal and hurtful things out of retaliation which I know I'm not right in doing that, but she doesn't take fault for what she does.

She just chalks it up that she's a little 5'2'' girl and I'm a 6'1'' black guy with a deep voice so when I say/do something its more abusive.
ugh...FFS

Next time she shows up at your door, leave her out there like the feral animal she acts like.
If you keep putting food out, she'll keep coming back to mark her territory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships