Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 06:18 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,884,531 times

Advertisements

Or am I just a piece of work in need of a shrink to resolve some issues unknown to me? It can't be fair to slowly start checking out right after she really opens up to me.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 08-07-2014 at 06:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 06:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,920,383 times
i dont get bored. women have an innate ability to keep things fresh for some time, if they are interested in you.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:00 PM

5,139 posts, read 4,499,839 times
No, I don't get bored. It takes a long time to get to know someone, as in years. That's a lot of time to spend together having interesting conversations and doing things together that bond you. I love that process. The good part starts after you've gotten to know each other, and discover that you like what you've found. That's when true intimacy starts, because you both know you are accepted for the real you.

In your case, it sounds like you just like the excitement of the chase. The day-to-day reality of a relationship is not thrilling enough to keep you interested. You may be an excitement junkie. Or perhaps you are not ready to deal with the not-so-fun parts of being in a close relationship, like accepting their flaws, accepting a certain amount of boredom and routine, accepting disappointments, etc.

How long are you spending getting to know these women? If it's anything less than a year, I doubt you really know them.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Or am I just a piece of work in need of a shrink to resolve some issues unknown to me? It can't be fair to slowly start checking out right after she really opens up to me.

Yeah, it's really not.

Are you opening up to her? Do you feel ok telling her your deepest secrets? Crying in front of her?

15,714 posts, read 21,103,361 times
Nope...can't say I have.

You either like the chase, like someone else stated, or you choose shallow women of low substance.

4,575 posts, read 5,206,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
No, I don't get bored. It takes a long time to get to know someone, as in years. That's a lot of time to spend together having interesting conversations and doing things together that bond you. I love that process. The good part starts after you've gotten to know each other, and discover that you like what you've found. That's when true intimacy starts, because you both know you are accepted for the real you.

In your case, it sounds like you just like the excitement of the chase. The day-to-day reality of a relationship is not thrilling enough to keep you interested. You may be an excitement junkie. Or perhaps you are not ready to deal with the not-so-fun parts of being in a close relationship, like accepting their flaws, accepting a certain amount of boredom and routine, accepting disappointments, etc.

How long are you spending getting to know these women? If it's anything less than a year, I doubt you really know them.
That's my thought. Possibly, he's bored with relationships and likes the new starts, rather than the tame phase.

For me, for now, I think the tame stages are better. Trust is built, the relationship is solid and official, and thus allows to be more comfortable with one another. True companionship.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,743,217 times
For me it depends on who it is, and how attracted I am to them.

The last few guys I talked to after my recent crush didn't catch my attention at all hardly. Whenever I would talk to the guy I had liked a lot, I felt so happy and like nothing could crush my day at all. We always had something to talk about, and we always made each other laugh.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:27 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:

I think we're all pretty sure a shrink wouldn't hurt you.

You like to conquer, you like the chase and the challenge, after you win you get bored. I had to work on a similar personality streak.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-07-2014, 09:15 PM

818 posts, read 919,425 times
Quote:
I know what you mean, the excitement kind of dies down. You have to find a way to keep it fresh

Find/ plan things to look forward to

Old 08-07-2014, 09:19 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
no one bores me. but when people show up with an empty bag at the friendship-- filling it up is going to get old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships