Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times

Advertisements

uggggggh, It's so annoying sometimes.
I've been seeing this guy for 5 months. We dont see eachother all that freqiently, maybe once or twice a week. I work, he works. I go to school, so does he. So we're both usually always busy.

My problem is, that when he calls I get nervous...and I dont like talking to him on the phone that much. I feel like I start to fumble my words, but the reality of it is....he doesn't have much to say, so I'm always feeling like I have to grasp at straws to keep the conversation going. He always initiates contact though. Texts me throughout the entire day, usually very benign things like "whats up?" "leaving work" "leaving class"

I get extremely nervous when we get together too, I dont know why. It's like we've been seeing eachother for over 5 months now, why am I still nervous? I dont really stay nervous, I usually am fine after 5 minutes, but every single time before we meet I get this nervousness and am afraid I dont know what Im gonna say or talk about.

I'm not usually like this with people and im begninning to think I have a problem? Like, why am I nervous? Or is it him? Is he just boring and I'm afraid that if I find him boring I wont like him anymore? I really like the guy. I like his "vibe"..... but yet I get extremely nervous to talk to him... I'm afraid of the awkward silences. I try and talk and make convo and it's just like...... nothing. so then I stop trying and im just bored and kinda sitting there.

Is it me? and why am I like this?

Is it possible to like someone so much that ur afraid they will not like u? and therefore u kinda freeze up/. . . even tho u know they do like you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 09:54 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
You like him.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Me? No, I'm not nervous around anybody.

However, it's quite common.. don't be hard on yourself. I've seen some very attractive girls be nervous on dates before. I went out with a really cute black girl once, I could see she was really nervous and she even told me a few times she was nervous. Heck, she even knocked her glass over and spilled on the table. I felt kind of bad about that one so I took the blame when the waitress came around.

A good way to not be nervous, is to not let yourself be nervous. Sounds oversimplified and like I'm making it sound too easy.. but really it comes down to your mental attitude. If you believe in your head that you are good enough for anyone, and if you believe in your head that you're not nervous.. you won't be nervous.

If you're only nervous for a few minutes, it's completely normal!! I go on dates all the time and I always get a little nervous feeling in my stomach right before the date. Don't sweat it.. just keep telling yourself you're good and that you're not nervous.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:56 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You like him.
I know i do!
is it normal to be nervous to talk to the guy tho? That's my concern.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
I know i do!
is it normal to be nervous to talk to the guy tho? That's my concern.
Ah yeah! Good grief if I like someone it takes every inch of me not to wet myself.(kidding)

But yes. I feel I need to be guarded. And try not to scare him away.
In many cases it's just the apprehension to him.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
I'm never nervous around women.

I was when I was younger, but then I dated a few different women and I figured out that talking to women isn't a big deal.

In this situation I think you just like the guy, which isn't a bad thing. It will probably go away in time.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Yes!!!!! All the time. Hate it.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 AM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
After 5 months, IMO there's something off if you still feel that nervous around him. In my own life, when I felt that way around a guy, it was because I knew the guy wasn't as into me as I was, and I was nervous because I always felt like I was auditioning to be his gf, that this was my chance to impress him, etc, etc. IMO if you were really compatible with this guy and more importantly, felt secure in his feelings for you, you would not feel this uncomfortable talking to him.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
Nope, I'm not nervous around anyone. They're people just like you and I, and trust me, they all are plagued with the same insecurities and problems. Just be yourself and relax.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:22 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
In the very beginning - yes. But not usually after 5 months. I'd say I sometimes felt that way on the first few dates or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships