Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,386,339 times

Advertisements

Say you, for whatever reason, refuse to chat with somebody regularly.

Does the other person necessarily feel hurt by the other's refusal to talk with them? Or do not give a damn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM

295 posts, read 838,183 times
It depends on how close you are with the person.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:03 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Say you, for whatever reason, refuse to chat with somebody regularly.

Does the other person necessarily feel hurt by the other's refusal to talk with them? Or do not give a damn?
In my experience? Only if they're gay or female.

I'm going with this being an otherwise acquaintance at work or the like of course.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
I hope they feel terrible. I've done it before....to mean spirited types of people that had "no clue" they were so mean spirited. Their defense is always "I don't know that I'm acting that way or in a bad way"

Old 06-04-2009, 06:22 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,787 times
I know for sure it bugs the hell out of women especially when they think they are your, "friend." Women love to talk and when you are ignoring them, it will bug the hell out of them. In fact from my experience ignoring women is a great way to bust a woman's ego. Especially if they think they are all that. Most guys are going out of their way to please them. Once you come along and you treat them as just any old person, they are left wondering what is wrong with them and why you aren't giving her the time of day like the rest of the men. To a female, this is actually a positive because it shows you are confident and you don't need to bow down to someone to please them. Women are attracted to the king, not the dozens of little servants. She wants what she can't have and by ignoring her you are telling her that she can't have you. They are left wondering how they can meet YOUR standards.

Now that doesn't mean cutting her out of your life completely but rather just staying on the side. Chat with her every now and then and always make sure she can smell what you have going for you.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:32 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,047,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
I know for sure it bugs the hell out of women especially when they think they are your, "friend." Women love to talk and when you are ignoring them, it will bug the hell out of them. In fact from my experience ignoring women is a great way to bust a woman's ego. Especially if they think they are all that. Most guys are going out of their way to please them. Once you come along and you treat them as just any old person, they are left wondering what is wrong with them and why you aren't giving her the time of day like the rest of the men. To a female, this is actually a positive because it shows you are confident and you don't need to bow down to someone to please them. Women are attracted to the king, not the dozens of little servants. She wants what she can't have and by ignoring her you are telling her that she can't have you. They are left wondering how they can meet YOUR standards.

Now that doesn't mean cutting her out of your life completely but rather just staying on the side. Chat with her every now and then and always make sure she can smell what you have going for you.
You're in a fantasy world. Most of us women don't give a sh*t whether you talk to us or not - those of us with self esteem, anyway.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,478,289 times
Quote:

As soon as I'm just "on the side," I'm out. Your theory holds no water for women without serious issues.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:30 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,183,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You're in a fantasy world. Most of us women don't give a sh*t whether you talk to us or not - those of us with self esteem, anyway.
Twinkle T.....golly your exciting lol....., go get em...

Old 06-05-2009, 04:38 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Oh, were you talking to me? Sorry, I was busy. Working. Don't you think you should do the same?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:45 AM

911 posts, read 2,376,098 times

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships