Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:59 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,049,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
I would want to know her financial situation within a few weeks, more importantly her financial goals. It's not something I would ask on a first date.
Yes totally this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 04:13 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,215,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What's your take if someone asked you this on a first date?
I'd find it quaint and naive. One with a low credit score would be inclined to lie about their credit score. I personally have no idea what my credit score is as I have more credit than I need, and millions in assets. In fact people in my situation are best to maintain lower credit scores to deter identity theft. People with low credit scores are far less often the victims of identity theft.

Old 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,917,714 times
I'm 46, gotta admit, if I'm going to MARRY someone that is pretty important info. I dated a wonderful man who had some stupid debt and it became clear that he got into it because he made stupid decisions based on insecurity. Ultimately not right for me. I'm definitely interested in dating someone with similar financial values and habits.

But it should also be important to anyone who dates ME. I'm a single mom with a part time job in a modest looking home, so I'm hyper aware that men might think I'm financially needy. I have minimal debt and a plan for the next 5 years. I'd love to date a man who was comfortable enough, but I don't need help and neither do my kids.

I've dated quite a few men who WANTED to be my white knight on a credit card because they felt it was one of the best things they had to offer a woman. Sad.

I wish someone would ask my credit score because I'm ridiculously proud of it: 821

Old 08-09-2014, 05:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,011,630 times
I find that the financial stuff comes up in normal conversation, over the first few months of getting to know someone. People talk an out their plans, buying a house, going back to school, retiring early, whatever. Or they share their excitment when they make the last payment on their car, or their thought process when considering buying something. Stuff like that.

When I hear about someone being surprised by a partner's financial situation, I figure that person must have worked pretty hard to hide it. Which is another bad sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I have more credit than I need, and millions in assets. In fact people in my situation are best to maintain lower credit scores to deter identity theft..
Uh-huh. I totally believe this. Mm-hm.

Old 08-10-2014, 01:13 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,751,970 times
This is the type of fuel that feeds the fire of dating insanity on this forum. I'm sure Jarad Barr is a member!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships