Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM

37,158 posts, read 42,286,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
lol wtf?

You text a guy you are free...what in the world did you think was going to happen?

You "I am free today, would you like to meet up?"

Guy "hrmmm Im not sure.. let me think about it!"

What kind of logic is this?
I interpreted that as thought she DID meet him for coffee and realized he wasn't for her so no more messaging for weeks. If I'm wrong, and your interpretation is right, I agree she is an idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2014, 07:23 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I interpreted that as thought she DID meet him for coffee and realized he wasn't for her so no more messaging for weeks. If I'm wrong, and your interpretation is right, I agree she is an idiot.
I met him for a quick dinner at a chain restaurant after messaging him for a few days. I was already going to eat, so it was only 45 minutes out of my life. On messaging he was fine, in person was totally different. Glad we figured that out early on.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,580,541 times
Don't count on it. Any guy that's desirable is currently being used and abused by some other women. You have to be patient, and wait your turn for another sucker to come on the market.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Don't count on it. Any guy that's desirable is currently being used and abused by some other women. You have to be patient, and wait your turn for another sucker to come on the market.
Maybe I am too nice and I should use and abuse men to get them to want me.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:16 PM

13,675 posts, read 9,754,531 times
6 weeks is paltry span over which to fret; 6 years, perhaps, and then there's cause for genuine concern. None of the OP's demands are ridiculous or exotic. My only recommendation to the OP, besides perseverance, is to consider whether she might not have some superficial requirements that are hard to articulate but which nevertheless influence her choices. We often pause where stop-signs don’t exist, befuddled by a worry of our own creation.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:41 AM

I have lowered my requirements significantly in the last 6 weeks. Hoping that if we message maybe I will like them in person.

It is really quite necessary to spend lots of time on the dating sites. I only get messages if I am actually online.

I four starred some potential dates that I was interested in and of course, they do not message me. But at least I am not typing out messages and being ignored.

I wish there was a way to just block certain age groups or complete races.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:56 AM

I just had to be less nice and just put in my profile that I am not attracted to obese, old guys, or young men still living with their parents. I did not know how to tactfully put that I do not date black guys, ever, without coming off as racist. I really am not. I am just not attracted to them.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:18 AM

50,996 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I just had to be less nice and just put in my profile that I am not attracted to obese, old guys, or young men still living with their parents. I did not know how to tactfully put that I do not date black guys, ever, without coming off as racist. I really am not. I am just not attracted to them.
I wouldn't put that, IMO negative statements like that may turn off men you DO want to meet (I don't like when men have a "I don't want this or that" list. Just put what you do want, and if guys write you don't want to meet, just say thanks but no thanks. I would not gear my profile though to what I don't want.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM

I am 5'3" and 130 lbs. i list my weight as average. It this attracting the obese men? Should I put thin or whatever is below average?

Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 AM

50,996 posts, read 36,683,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I am 5'3" and 130 lbs. i list my weight as average. It this attracting the obese men? Should I put thin or whatever is below average?
I don't write my profile in a way to keep away unwanted men, but rather to attract good men. What's the big deal about just saying no thanks if an obese man writes you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships