Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,652,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Really? Gays are mostly promiscuous then? Gosh, I had no idea.

That's what I'm getting out of the OP , as well. The gay lifestyle is all about sex sex sex and more sex. Very base and devoid of real feeling. To be fair, that's not uncommon for straight people either, casual hookup. However, from the way the OP is written, it's the highest % for homosexuals. Promiscuous and proud. As new STDs pop up everywhere.

In all my life, I've only had a single one night stand. The circumstances surrounding it were rather ...atypical...as well. Everything else was at least three or four....repeat offenses...as it were. And there was only a couple of those. That's the extent of my casual hookup experience.

So, according to the OP, casual hookup is what being gay is all about. That outlook does not surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,005,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Actually, it's the other way around.

Lesbians have lots of casual sex, often have sex on the first date, and/or have relationships that start as hookups. But straight women are conditioned by men to be cautious. Too many straight men lie and manipulate the women they date, or don't take care of their own children. Women have to suppress their natural desires and do more careful screening.

It's pretty sad.
There are a lot of women liars too out there, and women players too.

And there are women who have children by multiple men. Don't make women out to be saints and men out to be villains.

Also, if a woman is always with garbage men, it's because she's garbage herself. Half a woman attracts half a man.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
As as straight guy, I don't find it all that difficult to get laid. I'm average looking and short. Generally, if I approach maybe 4-5 girls, I'll probably go home with one of them.

Of course, there is a significant amount of effort that goes into this. And, because of my looks and height, I can't do online dating.

I don't really want this, but I do agree with you that this is unlikely after college for straight guys.

The idea that women like romance is hollywood. I haven't known many that actually like this (I like romance so I've tried). The only ones that do like it tend to be foreign-born in my experience.

I like monogamy, personally, at this point in my life.
I disagree. Straight men can go to bars, and people do hook up there, especially after drinks.

As for gay men, there aren't that many gay bars compared to straight bars, and it's not like you can hook up or approach every guy you see.

In big cities in the 80s there used to be certain gay cruising places and there were more sleezier gay establishments (with cheap sex and drugs) but police and certain cultural changes have done away with those things. The only way to really do random sex for gay men is to go online for hook up after hook up. But there's no proof all or most gay men are into that. I sure am not.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,317,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There are a lot of women liars too out there, and women players too.

And there are women who have children by multiple men. Don't make women out to be saints and men out to be villains.

Also, if a woman is always with garbage men, it's because she's garbage herself. Half a woman attracts half a man.
Yep, I agree with this. For men and women, you are what you attract.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,286,453 times
I hear about gay men is how their sexual lifestyle is way more active than heterosexual men/women and I can agree. No need to put much effort, money, time, romancing, no headaches, no jumping through fire hoops, etc. No gatekeeper. They want to have sex, they go for it. As simple as that. Sort of makes sense why gay men are more affected by HIV.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:50 PM

346 posts, read 352,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I hear about gay men is how their sexual lifestyle is way more active than heterosexual men/women and I can agree. No need to put much effort, money, time, romancing, no headaches, no jumping through fire hoops, etc. No gatekeeper. They want to have sex, they go for it. As simple as that. Sort of makes sense why gay men are more affected by HIV.

A lot easier to contract HIV through anal than regular heterosexual sex.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:04 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,222,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
People can use a condom! Plus, lots of guys don't do anal. People usually love oral.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:37 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,630,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
As a single gay man, I have never had difficulty in finding hookups and casual dating. In fact, most guys I have met are interested in hookups and casual dating. It seems like the majority. Few gay guys would hold off sex until you show more seriousness or commitment. A few guys I have gone on dates with were annoyed that we weren't having sex the second or third date. Usually first dates would result in kiss or cuddle easily, if we click.

Many gay relationships started as hookups and later grew into something serious. I think this is what many straight men want but can't have.

Straight men are conditioned by women. Pregnancy fears, and other factors make women much more cautious. It's a totally different dynamic for straight people. Straight men have to pretty it up with dinners, movies, and flowers. I am quite a gay man who loves romance, but even I don't care much for flowers and candles. Just get to the deal man. Sex happens first, and then dinners and movies if we are still up for it (most of the time, it's hey thanks man that was awesome. See you later man). Guys make a mess and can clean up efficiently. I don't think about other guys until I have "built up" again or when I see someone really hot.

I also find lots of guys hot, and am not sure if I can ever settle for just one flavor. A diversified portfolio seems more attractive.
Are you trying to make straight men jealous of all the fun you're having?

Watching "Q ueer as Folk" always made me sort of want to be a gay man. No one had more fun than Brian Kinney.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:53 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,286,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig In View Post
Yes. Whatever the reason maybe it just shows men are ready to go at it whenever, wherever, unlike a heterosexual scene where women are the gatekeepers, men have to jump through hoops, put some effort, put some money, women have to be convinced, all the drama, the headaches, etc. Not quite when it comes to gay men.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
People can use a condom! Plus, lots of guys don't do anal. People usually love oral.
The vast majority of gay men do anal.

And people don't always use condoms.

Lots of sex can lead to complications beyond HIV. I've met a couple of gay men who in addition to having HIV, had HPV and got anal cancer as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships