Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:42 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,231 times

Advertisements

As a single gay man, I have never had difficulty in finding hookups and casual dating. In fact, most guys I have met are interested in hookups and casual dating. It seems like the majority. Few gay guys would hold off sex until you show more seriousness or commitment. A few guys I have gone on dates with were annoyed that we weren't having sex the second or third date. Usually first dates would result in kiss or cuddle easily, if we click.

Many gay relationships started as hookups and later grew into something serious. I think this is what many straight men want but can't have.

Straight men are conditioned by women. Pregnancy fears, and other factors make women much more cautious. It's a totally different dynamic for straight people. Straight men have to pretty it up with dinners, movies, and flowers. I am quite a gay man who loves romance, but even I don't care much for flowers and candles. Just get to the deal man. Sex happens first, and then dinners and movies if we are still up for it (most of the time, it's hey thanks man that was awesome. See you later man). Guys make a mess and can clean up efficiently. I don't think about other guys until I have "built up" again or when I see someone really hot.

I also find lots of guys hot, and am not sure if I can ever settle for just one flavor. A diversified portfolio seems more attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 07:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times

Old 08-25-2014, 07:46 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,564 times
It would be awesome if you could just choose, I love hanging out with my buddies.

I just fail to see anything appealing about dudes. We're gross looking man, no matter how fit we are. Good Luck though!

Lol

Old 08-25-2014, 07:47 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Uh huh....

Old 08-25-2014, 07:53 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,219,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
It would be awesome if you could just choose, I love hanging out with my buddies.

I just fail to see anything appealing about dudes. We're gross looking man, no matter how fit we are. Good Luck though!

Lol
Dude. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I find guys absolutely charming. Their bodies are magical. Their eyes speak and seduce. Their personality (if a good one) melts your senses. Their heroism and I-will-fix-that are awesome. The way they steer the steering wheel. The way they install a device. The way they cook. The way they are puzzled or focusing on a task. Wiping sweat with a shirt corner. Taking a quiet moment to go through some ****. All that is just super sexy.

Oh, and we gay men give the best blow jobs. Why? Because we are men and we know men. We know what you want dude. All you self proclaimed attractive straight men here, let me take a look at you!

Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Why do you think about this so much?

Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Somewhat.

A hot straight guy will have to beat off women with a stick. A hot gay has to deal with the fact that most of the men he's attracted to will be straight. Hot straight guy has it better by a mile.

Now, on the average to unattractive end, I would argue yes. I believe average to unattractive gay men have it better than average to unattractive straight men. This is because:

1) Things that most women find unattractive that men can't control, like being short, or of certain ethnicity, is not as much of a handicap in the gay world. For instance, most women don't like East Asian guys, and almost all women don't like short guys, but gay guys do a lot of times. I have met gay guys that even prefer it.

2) You're taking away the 'having to approach'. For gay guys, you may make a move, he may make a move, but there is no "Well, you're a guy, so you make the move, otherwise if you don't you don't have enough courage or confidence to be worth a second of my time."

3) Since their dating pool is significantly smaller, and still somewhat of a small community, it is easier in a sense. While the average woman has hundreds of men to choose from, the average gay guy doesn't have that. So, I think in general, gay guys can't afford to be as picky.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Straight men are conditioned by women. Pregnancy fears, and other factors make women much more cautious. It's a totally different dynamic for straight people. Straight men have to pretty it up with dinners, movies, and flowers. I am quite a gay man who loves romance, but even I don't care much for flowers and candles. Just get to the deal man. Sex happens first, and then dinners and movies if we are still up for it (most of the time, it's hey thanks man that was awesome. See you later man).

Actually, it's the other way around.

Lesbians have lots of casual sex, often have sex on the first date, and/or have relationships that start as hookups. But straight women are conditioned by men to be cautious. Too many straight men lie and manipulate the women they date, or don't take care of their own children. Women have to suppress their natural desires and do more careful screening.

It's pretty sad.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:06 PM

308 posts, read 506,549 times
Real talk man. All gay dudes are down to hook up. I ain't never met a gay guy who complained of a boring sex life.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:13 PM

346 posts, read 351,934 times
No chance. If gay people are anywhere from 2-5% of the population, that's an extremely small pool. If you come across 100 random guys, probably five at best will be gay and you may not be into any of them. And that's a regular occurrence for gay men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships