Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:41 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Ok, well it is good that we have identified the problem .

I am a prude, despite the fact that I have never found a man whose sex drive was as high as mine. I am no fun in the sack, despite um, stuff one is not allowed to say here. And I can improve by being more discriminating while kissing hundreds of strangers.

I didn't say you were bad in bed or a prude. Nor did I or anyone else imply it.

Just stated my experiences and asked a straightforward question.

I have never met someone that thought they were bad in bed. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:58 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I didn't say you were bad in bed or a prude. Nor did I or anyone else imply it.

Just stated my experiences and asked a straightforward question.

I have never met someone that thought they were bad in bed. That's all.
Oh, come on, timnberline, it's no fun if you back off from obvious implications!

Of course no one thinks they are bad in bed. Therefore I accept, for the sake of discussion, that I am terrible in bed. So, what do I do about it?

Old 09-03-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Oh, come on, timnberline, it's no fun if you back off from obvious implications!

Of course no one thinks they are bad in bed. Therefore I accept, for the sake of discussion, that I am terrible in bed. So, what do I do about it?

There was no implication. Sorry you seem to think there was. Hivemind's experiences and mine in this regard are just similar. That no way implies they are near universal.

I have no reason to believe anything needs to be done about anything at all, and if there is something you "need" to do it isn't any of my business as I don't know you.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:

Kegels

Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times
Quote:
Never seen it happen. I suppose it could, but in reality (my reality) it almost always means you're in for some vanilla frosted vanilla.

Or an empty bottle...

Joking.

I get what you're saying. However, I have experienced all of the following:

1. Kissed quickly, had sex quickly, was always a dud in bed and really had no libido to speak of, but she was trying to "land" me.

2. Kissed quickly, rocked my world ever since (wife).

3. Kissed after a MONTH, had sex a few weeks later, had a pretty fantastic sex life during our 2 year relationship.

The truth is, you just never, ever really know by what happens early on.

Even going back to my thread about being able to tell how someone is in bed by looking, it's not that cut and dry.

My wife is a no-frills kind of gal most days. Dresses fairly low-key (although fills out a pair of jeans quite nicely ), wears little makeup, isn't overtly flirty at first glance, but once it was clear she was interested in me and I in her...WOW. Other women who would present like this turn out exactly as you would expect - i.e., a total dud.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Kegels
That helps, but for me, bad in bed means:

1. Lack of enthusiasm.

2. Never initiates even the mildest bit of flirting.

3. Just lies there. Like you're screwing a lawn chair.

4. Ignores flirting.

5. Won't touch your body herself in any sexual way.

6. Doesn't even know how to get herself off, so how can you expect to be able to do it?

Old 09-03-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post

My wife is a no-frills kind of gal most days. Dresses fairly low-key (although fills out a pair of jeans quite nicely ), wears little makeup, isn't overtly flirty at first glance, but once it was clear she was interested in me and I in her...WOW. Other women who would present like this turn out exactly as you would expect - i.e., a total dud.

I wouldn't expect this. The most sensual / highly sexual women I've met generally wear little to no make up, dress very casually / girl next door like, or outdoorsy / sporty types.

Its generally the ones I've dated / hooked up with that doll themselves up that are the duds in the "I'm beautiful, I just need to be here for this to be awesome for you"

Old 09-03-2014, 12:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Or an empty bottle...

Joking.

I get what you're saying. However, I have experienced all of the following:

1. Kissed quickly, had sex quickly, was always a dud in bed and really had no libido to speak of, but she was trying to "land" me.

2. Kissed quickly, rocked my world ever since (wife).

3. Kissed after a MONTH, had sex a few weeks later, had a pretty fantastic sex life during our 2 year relationship.

The truth is, you just never, ever really know by what happens early on.

Even going back to my thread about being able to tell how someone is in bed by looking, it's not that cut and dry.

Thank you for the Voice Of Reason.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't expect this. The most sensual / highly sexual women I've met generally wear little to no make up, dress very casually / girl next door like, or outdoorsy / sporty types.

Its generally the ones I've dated / hooked up with that doll themselves up that are the duds in the "I'm beautiful, I just need to be here for this to be awesome for you"
That is true, like they're trying to prove something...

I guess my point was overstated, the tl/dr version:

You never know until you try, and experience it with him/her. There might be some clues but they can be misleading.

However, I have dated the girl next door type and have had them turn out to be frigid prudes, too.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:14 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
That helps, but for me, bad in bed means:

1. Lack of enthusiasm.

2. Never initiates even the mildest bit of flirting.

3. Just lies there. Like you're screwing a lawn chair.

4. Ignores flirting.

5. Won't touch your body herself in any sexual way.

6. Doesn't even know how to get herself off, so how can you expect to be able to do it?
Well, I was mostly joking, but women who act in the way you describe above probably wouldn't want to do Kegels, anyway--and they certainly won't do them during the act itself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships