Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,212,088 times

Advertisements

ttiuwp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 09:01 PM

18,123 posts, read 15,704,019 times
Forget about the girlfriend for a moment.

You're in an unhappy marriage in which you've been unhappy for years. Deal with that as a separate issue. And that means either fix it or separate and get divorced.

The fact you have found a romantic partner outside your marriage is not the primary issue here. The primary issue is that you are unhappy in this marriage and the marriage is unhappy for your husband as well.

It doesn't sound like a good situation for either you or your husband. So figure out how to separate civilly and with the interests of all your children at the forefront.

Don't confess your sins to your husband. And keep your kids out of it too, as well as your family. They don't need to know any of that and certainly not now. It's irrelevant.

Deal with the marriage and ending the marriage.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:34 PM

313 posts, read 329,815 times
The only person I feel sorry for is your husband. YOU lied to him this entire time and are now cheating on him.

Your kids also have to suffer a potential divorce because 'mommy' lied the whole time. Divorce can be very tragic for children.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:58 PM

308 posts, read 506,834 times
How in the F does a female go from being straight and married to lesbian. I will never understand how people go from being straight to gay. It's all good but man I will never understand that

Old 09-04-2014, 08:05 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,095,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
How in the F does a female go from being straight and married to lesbian. I will never understand how people go from being straight to gay. It's all good but man I will never understand that
Well, I have a couple of theories on that and some experience as I'm going through a divorce now that involved homosexual adultery.

My wife has always been attracted to women but was incredibly scared to admit it. Not even to herself. So, for my first theory:

It's quite common for homosexuals to marry and even have children. Whether it's societal pressure, family values from upbringing, or a sense of being "normal." While it's a heavy price to pay (forever feeling unhappy & unfulfilled), there is still a HUGE stigma associated with being gay. And other prices to pay that are too many to mention here.

My other theory is a little bit strange but I think it may fit for some folks, especially women. Sexuality can be "fluid" for people. What I mean by that is some folks can get sexual fulfillment from either sex. Not necessarily "bisexual" but more defined by the person's gender that they are with.

Women more easily fit this than men because the sexual experience isn't just about intercourse and other types of genital stimulation. Hugging, caressing, laying next to each other.....you get the idea.

And for all you manly guys out there......lesbianism isn't all about strap ons & dildos.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:26 PM

308 posts, read 506,834 times
YAZ don't get me wrong man I have no problem with gay people. If you're gay then you're gay I mean what the heck it's not my business what people do with their free time.

But all I'm saying dude, and yes I did read your full post and it makes sense, is how the hell can you go from having "real" sex to being in a relationship with another woman???? I just don't get that. Maybe for men it is different for obvious reasons but for women I truly just don't get it.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:47 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,865,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I say go for it, follow your heart and be true to yourself. Work towards becoming independent from the marriage though instead of cohabitating w/ this other woman (if that was an option). You will need to transition slowly, not only for your own sake, but for the children as well. Good Luck.
Agreed!!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:53 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,095,579 times
Quote:
YAZ don't get me wrong man I have no problem with gay people. If you're gay then you're gay I mean what the heck it's not my business what people do with their free time.

But all I'm saying dude, and yes I did read your full post and it makes sense, is how the hell can you go from having "real" sex to being in a relationship with another woman???? I just don't get that. Maybe for men it is different for obvious reasons but for women I truly just don't get it.
In our case, my wife had a real "connection" with me and she was able to enjoy sex some of the time. Most of her pleasure came from pleasing me though, and we've spent the last few years traveling down a very rocky road.

At 47 years of age, life has become seemingly short; she decided to get some sexual fulfillment while she still could. The manner in which she did it (lies, deceipt) and some events afterwards acclerated the divorce process.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:57 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,894 times
Quote:

Women now and days are messed up and getting dirtier each generation.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:01 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,280,618 times
Quote:

Being in a relationship with the same gender is "real" sex so I am confused as to exactly what you are referring to.

There is more to intimacy than just sex or intercourse or oral sex and some people live in denial for many years.
It does not mean they did not want children or did not/do not love their spouse it is purely a different kind of deeper attraction for the new partner of the same sex.

There are still people today who are confused about who they are well into their elder years because of peer pressure, stigma, family pressure, being normal according to societal standards etc. and they have always been afraid to be true to themselves completely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships