Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:23 PM

422 posts, read 448,722 times

Advertisements

I won't bore you with details but I am 100% positive he is attracted to me (let's just say he's exhibited many of the basic signs if attraction-flirting, giving me things, staring when I'm not looking, etc.) this has been going on for a few months now.

I was pretty slow on the uptake as many of his romantic overtures went, well, right over my head and he just wasn't on my radar until recently...not to mention, I never flirt with him or anything.

Anyway, he has this female friend. She has a boyfriend and I know for sure that the two of them are NOT dating on the down low or anything like that, but I am also not naive to the fact that there could some feelings/attraction between them.

Problem is: whenever we are all together, if someone says something positive about me, he immediately gives her a compliment or compares her to me in some way. Like the other day when someone said about me "oh Missy can play the flute" he says quickly in response, "oh Kathy plays guitar". Wtf?

I also noticed that sometimes when I come around he will sort of stand behind her like he is afraid of me, lol, but the few moments that he and I do have alone and she comes around, he has no time for her and I realize he is letting go of her more and more the closer we get. He also turns red when I come into the space now which is something he never used to do before.

So I guess my question is, does he sound like a player or is it that he just needs to feel more comfortable with me?

Thanks for your help,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 10:29 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,856 times
Let me guess: high school?

Old 09-14-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Let me guess: high school?

No! LOL! But I guess it sounds like it huh?

Old 09-15-2014, 08:16 AM

Old 09-15-2014, 08:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
That is a random, weird bunch of "signals."

He definitely does not sound like a player. If he's been doing stuff to make you POSITIVE that he is attracted to you for months but still does this other stuff? I'd say he's just clueless and really, really bad at flirting.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:40 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,800,054 times
First glance says that he's actually interested in her, and either no longer interested in you, or never was. I could be wrong...I don't know all the facts. But that's what it seems like. "Players" are a bit, shall we say, better at these kinds of situations. His knee-jerk response to bring her up all the time indicates that she's on his mind.

Edit: reread it and missed the part where you didn't respond to him by flirting back, etc. It's also possible that he has a "you missed your chance/friendzone" mindset and is kinda rubbing it in your face.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,016,549 times
cannot understand! Look like you miss the chance I am afraid.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That is a random, weird bunch of "signals."

He definitely does not sound like a player. If he's been doing stuff to make you POSITIVE that he is attracted to you for months but still does this other stuff? I'd say he's just clueless and really, really bad at flirting.

Hi, Wmsn4Life,

A "random, weird bunch of signals" for real.

But, you seriously don't think he's a player? *scratches head*

Old 09-15-2014, 10:49 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,158,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeLoveNotWar View Post
But, you seriously don't think he's a player? *scratches head*
None of the behavior you described makes him sound like a player, Quite the opposite, actually.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
None of the behavior you described makes him sound like a player, Quite the opposite, actually.
Yeah, a player is GOOD with women and flirting. That's what allows him to "play" multiple women. He has romantic skills and can make you think he is into you so he can have sex with you.

This guy has not even made a move on you in months and has left you confused about whether he even likes you. If he is a player, he is really bad at it.

Based on what you describe, I don't think he does like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships