Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:08 AM

6,732 posts, read 10,014,567 times

Advertisements

Women tend to watch out for men using them for sex, but I see men using women for friendship more often.

I see a lot of men having female friends, using them for emotional support -- and she thinks they are building a romantic relationship, but he is secretly not interested. He dumps her as a friend as soon as he finds a real gf.

I guess this is what people call the friend zone. I think he has friend zoned you.

But it could just be the haven't met in real life thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,287,138 times
I don't understand this whole phenomenon of liking someone you've never met before.

I remember, wayyyyy back before texting was too much of a thing, when people would "date" in chat rooms. They'd say they were boyfriend/girlfriend, yet had never met. What??

It's no wonder Catfish is a successful show.

The bottom line is, you CANNOT like someone until you meet them, spend time with them, etc. Until then, it's all just words.

Insist that he moves on to real life, or don't worry about this stuff and find something real. It's all a fantasy.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:23 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,075,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post

I remember, wayyyyy back before texting was too much of a thing, when people would "date" in chat rooms. They'd say they were boyfriend/girlfriend, yet had never met. What??

It's a good way to remain a virgin, for sure.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM

52,388 posts, read 52,872,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Women tend to watch out for men using them for sex, but I see men using women for friendship more often.
Men using women for friendship???

As usual I don't get what your saying. A huge amount of men have sort of a weird thing with women, it's like if they can't bed them they typically don't want to have a lot to do with them, not all of course but I've rarely seen in my life men actively "using" women for friendship. Just isn't something that most men do. Most men don't really actively try to have just straight friendships with women. They may be friends, but it's because he got friendzoned.

To answer the thread, if someone tells you to guard your heart, I'd say listen.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,287,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's a good way to remain a virgin, for sure.
LOL!

There were actually a few who were married IRL but had "boyfriends" in the chat room. It was such a weird environment.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:06 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,428,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny85 View Post
It’s been a month since I’ve been talking to this guy. We are both 26 years old. We plan on hanging out soon. We text every day with either him or I initiating it first. We sometimes talk on the phone before we go to bed as well. Call me weird, but I’m already liking this guy and I find myself opening up about myself. I don’t usually open up easily, but with him, I find myself doing it. He knows I’m interested in him. And he hasn’t said it, but I assume he does to if he’s having a conversation with me almost the entire day at times during his work.

Last night we were texting, and this time it was different. I was about to tell him that I like him, but I stopped myself. And he knew I was going to say the same, so he tells me not to say it. He says, don’t say it. Guard your heart. I asked him if I should guard my heart from HIM as well. He replies, yes, especially at this stage and especially since he’s a guy. I told him okay. I guess this bothered me in a bit because it was the answer I needed but didn’t want to hear. He gives me confused signals. He texts me first thing in the morning before he goes to work almost every day. He texts me throughout the day asking me what I’m up to etc. He texts me at night before he goes to sleep. When I say I’m going out at night with friends, he would jokingly say things like my curfew is at a certain time etc. And he would ask me who I’m going out with. I mean why is he saying things like to guard my heart from him yet I THINK he likes me? Should I just let him go??
If you have to ask, you intuitively know what the answer is.

The minute you catch yourself asking "why" is the minute you need to walk.

Any guy who's serious about you, lets you know, CLEARLY. No inconsistencies. All straight, real, genuine, kind loving actions. That part is black and white. Anything in between that, dump the person. (He sounds so juvenile)

And, if he's playing games, let him play.. by himself. No need to sit and analyze. You're a grown woman. Your time's too precious.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:07 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,368,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
You beat me to it. I'm curious to know why after a month of "talking" they haven't met yet? I wouldn't be surprised if he's got a GF.

I sort of wonder if "he" isn't a "she" looking for a "girlfriend".

Old 09-19-2014, 11:34 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,491,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
If you have to ask, you intuitively know what the answer is.

The minute you catch yourself asking "why" is the minute you need to walk.

Any guy who's serious about you, lets you know, CLEARLY. No inconsistencies. All straight, real, genuine, kind loving actions. That part is black and white. Anything in between that, dump the person. (He sounds so juvenile)

And, if he's playing games, let him play.. by himself. No need to sit and analyze. You're a grown woman. Your time's too precious.
This x 1000!!!!

Every woman should print this out, laminate it, and put it in a prominent place.

+ reps coming your way.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,264,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I sort of wonder if "he" isn't a "she" looking for a "girlfriend".
LOL... the OP said they sometimes talk on the phone. Hopefully the OP can deduce from his voice that he's a "he" and not a "she".

Then again, I know people who have been mistaken over the phone as the opposite sex so maybe you're onto something

Old 09-19-2014, 11:36 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,745,930 times
Mmm...I was in a situation just like you, it just ended last year.

I fell for a guy I never met, it didn't end well. It was a 3 year emotional roller coaster, why did I start to like him I don't know. I was very naive and probably just fell for the idea that someone I liked, had finally liked me. Anyway with this guy it seems as though he doesn't want to commit and probably doesn't want to deal with the emotional backlash of him blowing you off at the last minute.

It seems pretty pointless to me. I would have reservations on continuing to talk to him, but that's just me. If he has no intentions on being with you, or anything like that, then he is not doing a good job at communicating that. I would ask him to tell you honestly how he feels and discuss expectations. If they aren't compatible with each other, it's probably best to move on. Which is probably really what you need to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships