Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 11:39 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
If you have to ask, you intuitively know what the answer is.

The minute you catch yourself asking "why" is the minute you need to walk.

Any guy who's serious about you, lets you know, CLEARLY. No inconsistencies. All straight, real, genuine, kind loving actions. That part is black and white. Anything in between that, dump the person. (He sounds so juvenile)

And, if he's playing games, let him play.. by himself. No need to sit and analyze. You're a grown woman. Your time's too precious.

I want to counter this as it seems too black and white.

But you know, looking at my actions, I can do nothing but agree. If I'm really into someone, they straight up no it. There is no ambiguity about it and no ambivalence in my actions or words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 12:45 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times
I have nothing against texting but if it is your ONLY form of communications, you have nothing.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:07 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
Yep, despite all the good messaging, odds are the moment you meet one of you will say "Eeewww!"

Old 09-20-2014, 06:15 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You've never met. This is all fake until you meet.
not at all

you can text many things that is very awkward to say

if a guy is saying "guard your heart"

he is saying , don't get attached, or he wants fwb

he may have 6 girls going at once

Old 09-20-2014, 08:27 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,051 times
This would not be my way of getting to know any guy if I was single.

I want to meet the guy face to face in the very beginning. Not by text.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 AM

29 posts, read 33,349 times
I firmly believe in meeting a woman face to face to see what she looks like, get to know her, hang out. if she begins to have feelings for me, I'd know it because I'd know the woman I'm talking to. This texting without actually meeting the other person could mean He (or She) is playing you

Old 09-20-2014, 09:22 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,646 times
It could be his way of flirting with you...en guarde! Im coming for your heart!

I agree with those that say you cant like someone until you know them, and logically, all you know right now is a voice on a phone. Any feelings you have right now are from you - building him up in your mind - fantasizing.

Fantasies are healthy. They help us work out the unknown. Dont be too disappointed if he doesnt live up to your fantasy. In reality its hard for anyone to be as completely perfect as we can build them up to be in our minds.

It could be a players warning too. Players often warn their victims so that when they are caught at the game, they can relieve themselves of any responsibility when they have to face the music.

He could be just telling you he is so wonderful that he is going to steal your heart, so you better protect it - giving him a romantic challenge.

You dont know until you meet. You need to be smart when you meet. Does he walk the walk? Are his words supported by his actions?

He could be a passionate romantic, or a player playing.

Listen to him. He told you to protect your heart. Regardless of which way he turns out to be, it would be foolish of you not to heed his warning.

Best wishes!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:26 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny85 View Post
It’s been a month since I’ve been talking to this guy. We are both 26 years old. We plan on hanging out soon. We text every day with either him or I initiating it first. We sometimes talk on the phone before we go to bed as well. Call me weird, but I’m already liking this guy and I find myself opening up about myself. I don’t usually open up easily, but with him, I find myself doing it. He knows I’m interested in him. And he hasn’t said it, but I assume he does to if he’s having a conversation with me almost the entire day at times during his work.

Last night we were texting, and this time it was different. I was about to tell him that I like him, but I stopped myself. And he knew I was going to say the same, so he tells me not to say it. He says, don’t say it. Guard your heart. I asked him if I should guard my heart from HIM as well. He replies, yes, especially at this stage and especially since he’s a guy. I told him okay. I guess this bothered me in a bit because it was the answer I needed but didn’t want to hear. He gives me confused signals. He texts me first thing in the morning before he goes to work almost every day. He texts me throughout the day asking me what I’m up to etc. He texts me at night before he goes to sleep. When I say I’m going out at night with friends, he would jokingly say things like my curfew is at a certain time etc. And he would ask me who I’m going out with. I mean why is he saying things like to guard my heart from him yet I THINK he likes me? Should I just let him go??
IDK, OP. Why wouldn't you guard your heart with a complete stranger? That's just common sense. You don't know who this guy really is. At this stage, you should be playing it safe. Google him or run a check on him.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:35 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
It could be his way of flirting with you...en guarde! Im coming for your heart!

I agree with those that say you cant like someone until you know them, and logically, all you know right now is a voice on a phone. Any feelings you have right now are from you - building him up in your mind - fantasizing.

Fantasies are healthy. They help us work out the unknown. Dont be too disappointed if he doesnt live up to your fantasy. In reality its hard for anyone to be as completely perfect as we can build them up to be in our minds.

It could be a players warning too. Players often warn their victims so that when they are caught at the game, they can relieve themselves of any responsibility when they have to face the music.

He could be just telling you he is so wonderful that he is going to steal your heart, so you better protect it - giving him a romantic challenge.

You dont know until you meet. You need to be smart when you meet. Does he walk the walk? Are his words supported by his actions?

He could be a passionate romantic, or a player playing.

Listen to him. He told you to protect your heart. Regardless of which way he turns out to be, it would be foolish of you not to heed his warning.

Best wishes!
Yup!

If you're not actually meeting up anytime soon OP, I'd give him the boot. This is why texting is lame.

People like to appear so "elusive" and "mysterious" when it's all a crock of $hit until you meet IRL.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:36 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
You have never even met him. How can you possibly take anything serious at this point? And why are you texting someone for a MONTH without meeting them? This situation is all kinds of weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships