Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 08:13 PM

69 posts, read 67,907 times

Advertisements

I'm going to have to agree with the others. I do not think it is even necessary to ask how he feels about you at this point, his actions are already saying more than enough. I think if he was really interested in anything more than friendship or a booty call he would have made his intentions clear by now, seeing as you two have known each other for some months now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 08:13 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Well we were both out on the town. Clubs don't close until 3:00 am. He knows I'm usually out later than that because sometimes my friends and I will go grab a bite to eat or something. He asked if I was still out...I think he went home to charge his phone and was gonna meet up with us.
That does make a difference if those are your normal hours.

Why not be straight forward with him and ask him what exactly he wants from you?
If there is not a reasonable answer then move on without him.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:31 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,138,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic1 View Post
Ugh. I've posted about this guy before but he continues to baffle me. I dated him for about a month before i moved. The last week I was there he kinda fell off the face of the earth. A couple weeks later, when I was in my new city about 1.5 hours away he started contacting me a few times a week over a few months now to catch up. The thing is, whenever I initiate contact with him, he replies with short answers and doesn't attempt to carry on the conversation. When he contacts me first he has plenty to say

Anyway I visit his city often. I have not seen him even though he often asks me to. This weekend I let him know I was there and we made plans to meet up because we were both going to be out on the town. I never heard from him! Around 3 am he texts me and apologized and said he just got in and his phone died and he was really sorry and if I was free the next day. I didn't answer. He sent me another text today with another apology and I have yet to respond.

I'm really confused by his behavior because I really do like this guy. Should I just be upfront and ask him how he feels about me or would this make me look desperate/ insecure? I still don't know if he is interested in pursuing a relationship or just some type of hookup situation. We have never slept together and he hasn't pressured me, i'm just not getting what he wants from me!
Either you ask him or you waste more time on this questionable relationship? If you ask, and turns out he doesn't like you enough, you didn't lose anything, right? Some may say: I would scare him off. But that would mean that he didn't like you that much. Still nothing to lose. Although, if you ask, and he feels cornered or he is too nice to reject you, he may lie. So maybe it's best to try to read the signs with an open heart. Sometimes when we like someone, we ignore the warning bells just because we want this to work out. Look at his face, does his eyes look happy to see you? Does he look at you with something like caring? Does he show respect for your time? Does he treat you as though you're someone important to him?

If I were to guess, I would say that he is just using you (for companionship)when it's convenient for him, when he feels lonely or doesn't have other things to do.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:00 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,627,169 times
Low self worth at work once again.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:25 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,941,559 times
Doesn't exactly sound like a match made in heaven. A long distance is hard enough when two people really care about each other. IMHO, its impossible when you have two people that don't really seem to care about each other, they just want to play childish games.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:33 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,079,657 times
Speaking for myself, yes, for Christ's sake, ask him how he feels. My latest hartbreak could have been greatly mitigated had certain people simply asked me how I feel.

Although I don't think a long distance relationship is necessarily the best idea.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,475,812 times
Stringing you along - I'd forget about him and find another.

If you want a relationship with a man, then let him be the man. This guy isn't a man.

A man will not keep you in suspense mode - he will pursue you, or have no interest in you.

Time is too precious and life too short to be spent wondering what someone's intentions are.

I had the wind taken out of my sails when I first entered back into the dating scene several years ago by a guy who first pursued me relentlessly then toyed with me for over a year. Don't make this mistake - just forget him as fast as you can.

He sounds like a dud.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:29 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,425,339 times
I think you've already put in enough effort on your part.

At this point, if I were to re-assess the situation, I'd ask what my ideal most happy relationship looks like and tell myself: "I'm not getting what I want. I need to move on."

This guy's such a draag. 3 a.m.? C'mon!!

Old 09-22-2014, 06:48 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,813,474 times
He is showing you how he feels about you. Why ask him? Read the signs and move on. Let it go.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:00 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,161,762 times
If you have to ask a bunch of strangers to interpret a guy's behavior, he's just not that into you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships