Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 07:04 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,713,093 times

Advertisements

I'm sure most people have a few really bad dates hanging in the attic with the bats. Feel free to share. Here are a couple of mine:

1) This one was years ago, but it's right up there as one of the worst nights of my life. I was really, really depressed. It had been a really tough month, so a friend decided to set me up on a date with a woman I knew. It was foolish of me to agree, because I would never have asked anyone out on my own, but sure, why not? We were going to go to a movie, and I was adamant that I needed to see a comedy. They decided to see "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?", and assured me that it was really funny. We were a little late, and walked in just as Bette Davis pulled the silver lid off of the poached rat. I walked into the bathroom and threw up, then spent the rest of the movie sitting in the lobby being miserable. I was certainly not a good date that night.

2) It was a blind date. We met and she was pretty. We talked and had a lot of things in common. We were going dancing with a group. When we got there she wouldn't get out of the car because she was afraid of being mugged - in a group of six people. When we finally coaxed her into the club, I guided her onto the dance floor. Ten seconds into the song she turned around and walked away. I finally found her standing with her back to a corner. She said she could feel the floor shaking and was sure the building would collapse. Then she started telling me how terrible it was that she was 31 years old and still a virgin. I could tell why. She actually asked me to call her. I told her, "I don't think so."

3) Then there was the lovely young woman that I asked to dinner. When I showed up she informed me her two really ill-behaved children were coming along and I was buying everyone dinner at Chucky Cheese. I wanted to get to know her, but it was so loud from shrieking children that I couldn't hear a word she was saying. It wasn't even good pizza. On the way back to her place she told me her kids had different fathers. She came from a wealthy family and didn't need child support, so she hadn't told either man they had a child. She actually thought she was a real prize. I thought it would be a cold day in hell before I was that hard up.

So what are your stories? If you are going to be out there, you are going to have disasters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 07:15 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,199,824 times
Well any date I don't get killed on isn't that bad, unlike some who end up with wackos. Like the guy who got scared and buried his date alive, killing her.

My worst is pretty tame, but I may meet some huge stinkers later. Worst for me was a meet-up with a guy my sister-in-law wanted me to meet. And it was bad for me because I wasn't attracted to the guy in looks, or personality, and only agreed to meet him to be polite. But my opinion didn't change in the hour+ I spent around him. But not totally one-sided. He probably didn't like me either. So, even match lol

Old 09-11-2014, 08:46 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,998,190 times
OP, regarding #3... once she told me about the kids I would have left... why did you stay?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,972,535 times
Wow! Those are good!

My favorite... The Chucky Cheese date! Classic!

I have none. Sorry.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:57 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,209,665 times
i never had a bad date.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:00 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,284,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizo916 View Post
i never had a bad date.
You should be happy about that!

Old 09-11-2014, 09:26 AM

986 posts, read 1,668,175 times
My top 3 worst dates:
1 - I went on a date with a guy I met online. We talked the whole week on the phone, and he seemed like a really nice guy. I sent him a very recent pic and told him that I was 6 feet tall. We agreed to meet up that Saturday at the movie theatre. We get to the movie theater and he has very little to say although he was talkative the whole week. He paid for the movie for both of us, and then we went and sat down. He says to me, "I'm going to the concession stand, do you want anything?" I reply, "No, I'm ok." I'm still waiting on him to return... About a week later, he has an updated personal ad, and he specifies that he wants someone light skinned, petite, with light eyes and long hair...hmmmm....

2 - Went on a date with a guy I had been dating off an on a little over a year. We went to Steak and Ale, and he gets a menu, and complains about the prices the whole time. He complains so loudly that the couple behind us heard him and gave the waitress a coupon for "buy one entree, get the second for half off". I was mortified, I wanted to climb under the table.

3 - Went on a date with a guy that I met out and about. We go to a restaurant, and I notice that he orders very little to eat and watches me eat the whole time. After paying for the date, he asked me for $20 to get home. *sigh*

This dating thing suckss......

Old 09-11-2014, 09:32 AM

545 posts, read 633,278 times
Can I include my failures at trying to secure a date at all

Old 09-11-2014, 09:36 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,651,588 times
I have a girlfriend who went on a blind date with some guy. He showed up dressed like Elvis. While they were talking, he told her that he has a hard time with women as they are usually intimidated by his celebrity.

Tee hee, I love that story.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:45 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,229,153 times
I've not had a date happen.

But if any woman wants to meet at a bar, then its bound to be a horrific date for me as my religion chastises drinking and equates it to poison. Furthermore, I'll have to pay for all that beer/wine/whatever else exists, and I refuse to touch alcohol without neoprene gloves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships