Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 11:39 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,000,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
To me it seems obvious that most of the posters here are straight, you do not have the vaguest clue of what it is to be gay. You are typecasting gay men and gay women by comparing them to those you see in bars or at a gay parade. I am myself a gay man that does not act gay or look gay. I have had many people tell me that I do not seem gay and I ask them what do they think gay is, Jack from Will and Grace? Most of the time that is exactly what they think. I know lesbian couples where both women are butch and where both are attractive feminine women. The same goes for male couples. Stereo types are just that, but it is not the rule. I have gone to bars that host gay men and I do agree that most of the men that are there are for the most part recognizable as gay, but that is what they want to achieve. Like some of you have said and I will reinforce here, there are many gay men and women out there that go unnoticed because they do not fit the stereo type created by Hollywood. Just because you are a gay man does not make you a sissy and being a lesbian does not make you a tom boy.
I'm just joshing around here. I've said on another thread ... my best friend in the entire world is a lesbian. She's been my friend since our freshman year of college, and I trust her implicitly.

I also like hollygolightly's earlier thread where she recounts the party with all of the beautiful lesbians. I mean, we don't know who is a lesbian, for the most part. And for heavens sake, do we really think that heterosexuals are terribly attractive? Have you shopped at [large box store insert name here] lately?

PS, if you're pretty, we can get that room at Ikea.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,646,498 times
i'm pretty! (stunning is more like it) anyone else?

Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i'm pretty! (stunning is more like it) anyone else?
People say my daughter is stunning, and then they say she looks like me, but I don't get the feeling that the stunning part is supposed to convey as part of the compliment.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:48 AM

hmmm, maybe they mean that you stun them? (ive told you many times to get rid of that stun gun!)

Old 12-28-2007, 12:02 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
Homosexuality just like heterosexuality? Think again. One of the two proclivities is rooted in a universal plan for human existence and the other is obviously not.
Think again, groovamos, think again, and remember ONE IN TEN of everyone you know, everyone you meet, everyone you see walking down the street. God doesn't make junk. It's as natural as breathing, and part of the universal plan, or it would not be here! Birds do it, bees do it, there is a university textbook about 3 inches thick on the hundreds of examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, it is part of God's good green earth, whether you like it or not!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:15 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondD View Post
Think again, groovamos, think again, and remember ONE IN TEN of everyone you know, everyone you meet, everyone you see walking down the street. God doesn't make junk. It's as natural as breathing, and part of the universal plan, or it would not be here! Birds do it, bees do it, there is a university textbook about 3 inches thick on the hundreds of examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom, it is part of God's good green earth, whether you like it or not!
I can't rep you for real (yet), but this post deserves it! Here's lots of pretend reps for you, thank you for being so blunt, you pretty much said it all!!

Old 12-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
hmmm, maybe they mean that you stun them? (ive told you many times to get rid of that stun gun!)
Ya, we're both stunning, just in different ways. They're stunned she's my daughter.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Big time.... I confess...
i gotta ask....butch or femme?

Old 12-28-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
i gotta ask....butch or femme?
I was about to run an errand, but I have to wait for the answer here ...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
agree! agree! 'cept why did you have to mention 3" thick? it's more like 9" long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships