Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 10:30 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I entirely agree with everyone too. He seemed nice at first... but yeah, should have believed him. I thought that too - he either wants a relationship or wants pity because whenever he posts that junk on Writing.com, people would comment that he will change his mind someday, there is someone out there for him because he's such a great person. From the few times I signed onto my nom de plume Facebook, no one bothered commenting on those statuses (it's funny about different venues). I blocked on Writing.com. Later I will sign into that other Facebook and proceed to do the same."
When people give him the "there, there" treatment, does he dig his heels in? Because he sounds like one of the cliches we get around here. "Look at what YOU won't be getting, ladies. I'm taking my stick and puck and going home and YOU'LL BE SORRY!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 10:38 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,628,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
When people give him the "there, there" treatment, does he dig his heels in? Because he sounds like one of the cliches we get around here. "Look at what YOU won't be getting, ladies. I'm taking my stick and puck and going home and YOU'LL BE SORRY!"
Actually, he fights with them and says, "No, I will never find anyone... women are the devil and I'm not playing their games anymore." Who knows what he's doing behind the screen... he might be digging his heels in and might be saying those things because he might think we're missing out. I know I wasn't the only member with a crush on him. Hmmm...

Old 10-02-2014, 10:38 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,357,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Life Lesson #12 - when people tell you who they are, believe them
...except when they say they are a (insert compliment/high profile profession), then the burden of proof is on them.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:43 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,242,471 times
Uhh yeah just find some more mellow guys to chill with for sure.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:54 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times
Quote:
Actually, he fights with them and says, "No, I will never find anyone... women are the devil and I'm not playing their games anymore." Who knows what he's doing behind the screen... he might be digging his heels in and might be saying those things because he might think we're missing out. I know I wasn't the only member with a crush on him. Hmmm...
Yep. He's a Stick-and-Puck (SAP) guy. Some call them Ball and Glove (BAG) guys but I'm a hockey nut and SAP is a better acronym because what they do is sap your energy with their tedious litany of all that is wrong with women and the world. However, BAG will work, too, because a bag is what one who listens to their whiny tripe for any length of time will need when a bucket or toilet isn't readily available and one feels the urge to puke. I get to a point, even on this forum, where I'm so sick of hearing their garbage that I'm sorely tempted to renew my NRA membership just to lobby to make it easy for these self-absorbed, navel-gazing, woe-is-me prats to buy a gun with which to off themselves.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:05 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,400,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Life Lesson #12 - when people tell you who they are, believe them
Yes, people will often tell you their own truth.

I had an ex who was constantly telling me I was too good for him. It was true. ( the hookers and strippers were a big clue)

A man who doesn't like women and generalizes about all women is not worth the trouble.( and vice versa)

Old 10-02-2014, 11:07 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,400,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
There was a poster on CD a few days ago going on about how his ex missed his penis and it was so wonderful.the whole...I am so awesome and everybody wants me...act.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,873,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
OP: There are an increasing number of men that think exactly as this man does. If you don't believe me, watch some video's on YouTube with MGTOW in their title. (Men going their own way) These men have decided to swear off relationships because of their belief that women only want to use men, not love or respect them. They have basically sworn off marriage because of the high probability of divorce and men almost always being stuck with the check and having their children taken from them.

Part of this also stems from this attitude that women are strong and independent and "don't need a man". Hence the term, "woman up". That is to say, Women claimed to not need men, so then women shouldn't come to men to help with their problems.
I am starting to believe that both sexes are starting to become more adversarial towards each other.

If you read Radical Feminist blogs they sound like the female equal of PUAs and angry, bitter men who resent women.

A sizable portion of the population is completely neurotic when it comes to sex and relationships. Courtship and sex are supposed to be fun and exciting, but it seems like an ordeal for many people. I will include myself in that portion of the population.

There used to be a time when if two people of the opposite sex liked each other and both were single they would go out and take it from there. Now, you have people literally trying to figure out formulas for the ideal amount of dates before sex and so on.

So I can understand how people of both sexes are started to feel the opposite sex is their enemy rather than their companions. I mean, there were always a--holes who would try to exploit a woman's insecurities to get her into bed and women who would use men for financial or emotional reasons, but now there are actually sizable movements of Players and Golddiggers/Narcissistic skanks trying convert other people to their way of thinking that you should view people of the opposite sex as a means not an end. And it only takes a few run ins with there people to become paranoid because they seem like great people at first glance and you only realize that you being played once it is too late.

I admit that I'm trying not to become bitter and jaded as well. Not in the sense that I blame women in general for my misfortunes and failings (I have too many great female friends and acquaintances to even entertain that). But goddamn I have had a horrible run of luck in the last couple of years.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:49 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,873,964 times
Quote:
Okay, I can give some insight as a man who is himself rather dysfunctional.

Although I am nowhere near as bad and it sounds like he has some genuine hostility towards women, sometimes when a guy is having a really run of luck or whatever he gets bitter and rants.

Like for instance, I've had several women who have seemed to have pursued me and get involved in my life and actively chase away women I am interested in while having no interest in me. Like they start becoming heavily involved in my life, constantly asking questions about me, flirting a lot, will become very rude to any woman who approaches me at a social event, and constantly pitch relationships to me while dropping cryptic hints that they are interested. But they aren't and when I have asked them out, I have been rejected without fail, but they continue with the same pattern.

Or another instance. A few years ago I had a female friend who talked me into asking out another girl who we both thought might be interested. I was rejected again. Cool, it happens to everyone and I get over it pretty quickly. But not too long after she implied that I was stupid for even trying and that the girl was too good for me. That actually hurt far more than the rejection. I only did it because she goaded me into doing it and then she is going to imply that I wasn't even good enough for the girl in question? F--k her. I felt honestly betrayed because it almost like she set me for a fall.

Even of these things happen (especially if they happen in a row or within a short time) and it starts to mess with your head and you start to develop a hostile mindset towards relationships. That is why they (and I guess me as well) will dig in our heels when someone tries to convince us otherwise. It is like, "No, I've fallen for this game before". And to make it worse, sometimes they soften for it to only happen again and that just ends up justifying their emotional fortress.

I'm not defending their outlook (nor mine), but that is really how it goes. If you end up getting hurt enough times or just deal with some really odd stuff that nobody else seems to ever have to put up with and you develop a shell made of resentment and paranoia.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:03 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,628,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Okay, I can give some insight as a man who is himself rather dysfunctional.

Although I am nowhere near as bad and it sounds like he has some genuine hostility towards women, sometimes when a guy is having a really run of luck or whatever he gets bitter and rants.

Like for instance, I've had several women who have seemed to have pursued me and get involved in my life and actively chase away women I am interested in while having no interest in me. Like they start becoming heavily involved in my life, constantly asking questions about me, flirting a lot, will become very rude to any woman who approaches me at a social event, and constantly pitch relationships to me while dropping cryptic hints that they are interested. But they aren't and when I have asked them out, I have been rejected without fail, but they continue with the same pattern.

Or another instance. A few years ago I had a female friend who talked me into asking out another girl who we both thought might be interested. I was rejected again. Cool, it happens to everyone and I get over it pretty quickly. But not too long after she implied that I was stupid for even trying and that the girl was too good for me. That actually hurt far more than the rejection. I only did it because she goaded me into doing it and then she is going to imply that I wasn't even good enough for the girl in question? F--k her. I felt honestly betrayed because it almost like she set me for a fall.

Even of these things happen (especially if they happen in a row or within a short time) and it starts to mess with your head and you start to develop a hostile mindset towards relationships. That is why they (and I guess me as well) will dig in our heels when someone tries to convince us otherwise. It is like, "No, I've fallen for this game before". And to make it worse, sometimes they soften for it to only happen again and that just ends up justifying their emotional fortress.

I'm not defending their outlook (nor mine), but that is really how it goes. If you end up getting hurt enough times or just deal with some really odd stuff that nobody else seems to ever have to put up with and you develop a shell made of resentment and paranoia.
Actually, that seems to be his story. Women messed with him and messed up his life. I think his result of becoming homeless was partly because of a woman. He had no savings. I didn't get the whole story (didn't ask because I wasn't dating the man, so it was none of my business), but he said he had to move far away broke because he was ran out of where he lived before. Don't know if it's paranoia (he's being treated for mental health concerns) or what. He actually told me I sent him into panic attacks because I would try to talk to him. I've never had that said to me before. I'm a shy person and whenever someone is interested in me and chats me up, I don't really get overwhelmed. So, I'm not sure. Who knows: he's 39 and I'm 25. We're on different pages; I'm trying to figure out my life and trying to make it work so I can move eventually. I'm not sure what page he's on except hating everyone. He posted this and tagged me in it: http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/i...ldqpgp#2294fix

So I think he just hates everyone equally. He might just be a general misanthrope, but relationships and women play into it even more. Before the link, his rant was:

Quote:
And then there's the whole "pumpkin spice" craze. Are you kiddin' me? Now damn near everything comes "pumpkin flavored". I'm calling bull on that. You know what a pumpkin looks like. It's a gourd; the same vegetable family as squash. In other words, it's gross. It has no discernible flavor. Why do we have pumpkin pies and not squash pies? Simple. Ain't no good way to doctor up a squash, no matter how much cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar ya got. Yet this is acceptable for pumpkins? I don't get it, even though I love a good pumpkin pie (albeit with a heavy dose of Redi-whip). Who decided this needed to be a universal autumn thing?

Now you can get "pumpkin"-flavored whatevers every time you to turn around in a store, and that's not a good thing...in fact, it's misleading. Nobody bites into a pumpkin like they would an apple. Why am I led to believe that anything pumpkin-esque should be appetizing? It's not the pumpkin I'm tasting; it's the spice(s). A concoction. A sham. Perpetuated, no doubt, by some silly, stupid white girl in yoga pants who loves this time of year because she can identify it with and justify her trips to Starbucks.

And as contradictory as it sounds, it's the girl in yoga pants (the new-age "sweatpants") that I love the most about this time of year. The thought that she's casual and confident enough in herself to not care that a creepy ogler like me would check out her ass in the yoga pants she doesn't do yoga in. Everybody wins; where's my trophy? *Laugh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships