Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 06:39 PM

195 posts, read 178,162 times

Advertisements

You were passive in the beginning, yes, but don't ask her out anymore.

You've made your interest abundantly clear, being even more persistent isn't going to get better results, quite the opposite.

She might have had a genuine interest and felt rejected because you didn't initiate anything in her little window of opportunity or she could have been testing the waters to see if she could hook you for the ego boost. Either way, as someone else mentioned, she's a coworker and it just isn't good policy to pursue romance where you work for various reasons.

On a general note, she gave you some very obvious signs of interest. Hopefully in the future you capitalize on such things if the feeling is mutual. You have to learn not to be afraid of possible rejection, most men have had to deal with this at some time in their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 06:25 AM

4 posts, read 2,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanezguitar View Post
You were passive in the beginning, yes, but don't ask her out anymore.

You've made your interest abundantly clear, being even more persistent isn't going to get better results, quite the opposite.

She might have had a genuine interest and felt rejected because you didn't initiate anything in her little window of opportunity or she could have been testing the waters to see if she could hook you for the ego boost. Either way, as someone else mentioned, she's a coworker and it just isn't good policy to pursue romance where you work for various reasons.

On a general note, she gave you some very obvious signs of interest. Hopefully in the future you capitalize on such things if the feeling is mutual. You have to learn not to be afraid of possible rejection, most men have had to deal with this at some time in their lives.
Well, since I was gone that week, there was not much I could do!
And I can not imagine that if she was/is interested that all of a sudden after 1 week its gone?
(although, it seems like this)

And yes: I was thinking the same thing that she was/is interested! But since I left for an entire week, there was not a lot I could do and I always kept talking to her and so on during the week she asked me for lunch anyway.

So not sure what more I could have done back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post
Be very careful fishing off the company pier. I once dated a girl I worked with and I will never do that again. In my experience when romantic relationships end between two co-workers it gets real ugly.
I know, I actually always said to myself: never date a co-worker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
How interested in her are you?

If you want to get to know her better, than pick out something that you know is in her comfort zone, and ask her out, and you will know soon enough if there's enough between you two to keep going. If she turns you down, then it's a sign that all she wants is some casual company at lunch.

Nothing wrong with either, but don't waste your time trying to second-guess her thoughts.

There's no need for excuses as to why you can't eat lunch with her, so don't trouble yourself with that nonsense. Decide for yourself what your objectives are and then proceed. If she's nothing more than a buddy at work, that's OK. If you would like to take it up a notch, then take your time and allow her to get to know you better. And for you to get to know her better, too.
I am interested in her, otherwise, I would not care so much.
Well, she has such a bussy social life its almost impossible to find a moment that she is free!

Take my time? I can, but I wonder if this would not backfire as she might think I am not that interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships