Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 12:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times

Advertisements

I Tried Online Dating And No One Even Messaged Me Back*|*xoJANE

I'm surprised it hasn't been posted. Also, to my mild surprise, despite the title, it's a woman. A type of woman familiar to me from OLD and maybe another forum where people are too proud of their eccentricities. Is there a male version of her? I'd like to see that as a thread. Anyway, the readers' overall critique is strong, and I hope anyone who relates to her can learn from her mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 01:16 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
She's funny--a good writer. She's photogenic. But she's overweight. That's gonna eliminate a lot of dudes. That's just reality, especially on OLD. And her "interests"/hobbies, whatever, are too fluff. Cats? Netflix? Hulu? Is that all she has to say for herself? What are we supposed to talk about on a date? She needs coaching on how to write a profile.

There's a youtube vid someone posted here, by a woman who got the same results (zilch) until she analyzed her competition's profiles, and figured out the right buzzwords to use, what kind of photos worked, etc. After overhauling her online presence, she met the right guy and got married. And that woman, as I recall, was very average-looking, nothing like the good looks of the one in the OP. The one in the OP says she kept putting her best foot forward, but if she kept stumbling, she should look into pro help with her profile.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:24 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,373,565 times
She seems fun and approachable. Fluff is good, but there should be a combination of fluff and substance. Without seeing the entirety of her profile it's hard to judge the exact reasons for the radio silence.

I'm not sure if it's her size as there are women who are "plus size" that are able to get dates. It could also depend on what region/city she's in.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:28 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
She seems fine to me but here on site too I saw some one says he likes Big woman so I am sure she will get chance.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
She seems fun and approachable. Fluff is good, but there should be a combination of fluff and substance. Without seeing the entirety of her profile it's hard to judge the exact reasons for the radio silence.

I'm not sure if it's her size as there are women who are "plus size" that are able to get dates. It could also depend on what region/city she's in.
I know BBW women get dates, but OLD is notoriously cruel in that respect. that's all I was saying. And she didn't give it enough time. How long was she on there? A week or two? Some of the people she messaged could have been dead accounts.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:58 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,887,429 times
Things might work out someday, but I think most guys would agree with the HP comment that (mainly because her idea of "fun" is so PG) she seems "childish." Who wants to date a child? (In a stout body, no less.) She'd have to look hot to draw much interest, but regardless of weight that type of woman invariably refuses to present herself as such. I've skipped over such women before, despite some compatibility in personality. A possible more stereotypical presentation would be as a Renaissance Fair enthusiast, but at least they have easy ways to connect with each other. My personal advice to her would be to interact with adults in adult activities (the CD forum would count) and via that develop interests that appeal to many people. She clearly has enough raw intelligence for that. The Internet is enabling too many people to live in weird bubbles. Maybe her no-replies male equivalent would be a Brony.

Last edited by goodheathen; 10-04-2014 at 02:14 PM..

Old 10-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Things might work out someday, but I think most guys would agree with the HP comment that (mainly because her idea of "fun" is so PG) she seems "childish." Who wants to date a child? (In a stout body, no less.) She'd have to look hot to draw much interest, but regardless of weight that type of woman invariably refuses to present herself as such. I've skipped over such women before, despiste some compatibility in personality. My personal advice to her would be to interact with adults in adult activities (the CD forum would count) and via that develop interests that appeal to many people. She clearly has enough raw intelligence for that. The Internet is enabling too many people to live in weird bubbles. Maybe her no-replies male equivalent would be a Brony.
Good point. Some people are raised in weird family bubbles. The internet just enables them to cluelessly go public with it. She kinda reminds me of some women in their first year of university who have a pile of stuffed animals in their dorm room. And her friend who wrote that bio didn't do her any favors.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:38 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
men that were perfect for me based on my personality and interests
I don't know how many times I have to tell you people that most men don't care what kind of job a women has, or what kind of degree you have or your personality or that you're funny or "witty". If they're not a attracted to you, they're just not attracted to you. Now that being said, the women in the article, she's probably not going to win any beauty pageants, but she's not hideous either. I would be interested to see exactly what kind of men she tries to message. She might be trying to date men who are out of her "league", she might need to lower her standards. I would also want to know why she wasn't interested in the men who did message her. Did she turn them down because of their looks? Is she being hypocrite. I think if people put as much effort and time into meeting people in real life as they do online they would have much more success.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Good point. Some people are raised in weird family bubbles. The internet just enables them to cluelessly go public with it. She kinda reminds me of some women in their first year of university who have a pile of stuffed animals in their dorm room. And her friend who wrote that bio didn't do her any favors.
...and dot their "I"s with little hearts.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:27 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,458 times
Perhaps they are put off not only by the childish and rather boring life she enjoys, like others have said, but also because she sounds like a project. She is looking for a guy who will convince her to go on a roller coaster. That can translate into looking for someone who will take the lead on anything, which might sound like either too much work or stress for the average man.

I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships