Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 05:45 PM

783 posts, read 849,561 times

Advertisements

Having no kids was and still is a mandatory for me to be serious with someone because I don't have kids. I am not enthused about getting into an instant family situation with someone elses kids. Lately I have been rethinking this because of the preponderance of single moms out there. For every single mom I can only assume there is a single dad unless the same dudes are knocking up all the women.

I'd like to also hear from single parents (read, both men and women) how it affects your dating life. Do your standards raise, lower, no change? Not meaning to sound harsh or insensitive but having kid(s) already is a lot to bring into a relationship with someone that doesn't have kids, IE baggage. I could see myself getting serious with a single mom that has ONE child but wants more with me, but she would need to be extra special in other areas for me to consider her with other women that do not have a child yet.

And for the women out there considering single dads, how do you feel about the fact that his financial means are severely hindered by his ex? Friend of mine is paying $900/month in child support for ONE child. If he marries a woman it will factor in his income and hers to come up with a new higher number each month that he pays to another woman. Money that could be used in your relationship that is instead going toward another woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2014, 05:49 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
I have no kids, and will not date a man with kids. I won't even consider it.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:51 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
i am a dude and i will not date a lady with kids. i don't want to raise another man's kids. Too much drama!

Old 10-05-2014, 05:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,999,826 times
Before I was married I dated a few different women who had kids. So no, this was not a deal breaker for me.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:55 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
i am a dude and i will not date a lady with kids. i don't want to raise another man's kids. Too much drama!

You do realize some of those single Mother's with children are widowed right?
There also is only as much drama as one allows into their lives.
Not every woman who has children is a drama queen that has a moron ex whatever that fathered their children.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Diss will not date single parents because he is childfree and does not like kids. End of discussion.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 PM

268 posts, read 648,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
Having no kids was and still is a mandatory for me to be serious with someone because I don't have kids. I am not enthused about getting into an instant family situation with someone elses kids. Lately I have been rethinking this because of the preponderance of single moms out there. For every single mom I can only assume there is a single dad unless the same dudes are knocking up all the women.

I'd like to also hear from single parents (read, both men and women) how it affects your dating life. Do your standards raise, lower, no change? Not meaning to sound harsh or insensitive but having kid(s) already is a lot to bring into a relationship with someone that doesn't have kids, IE baggage. I could see myself getting serious with a single mom that has ONE child but wants more with me, but she would need to be extra special in other areas for me to consider her with other women that do not have a child yet.

And for the women out there considering single dads, how do you feel about the fact that his financial means are severely hindered by his ex? Friend of mine is paying $900/month in child support for ONE child. If he marries a woman it will factor in his income and hers to come up with a new higher number each month that he pays to another woman. Money that could be used in your relationship that is instead going toward another woman.
When I call a girl I am interested in and her kid is always SCREAMING for attention in the background it kind of makes me feel awkward and that I am interrupting. Plus I don't want someone else's child to have to care for at least not at this young point in my life. So yes it does but I am younger.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:03 PM

17 posts, read 23,597 times
yes. i want my first child to be with someone who's first time it is also... i don't think that is unreasonable and the saying "plenty more fish in the sea" must mean there ill be someone who suits just getting through the sea weed

Old 10-05-2014, 06:06 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Kid(s) it's typically a deal breaker for me. One child would be acceptable under certain circumstances: widowed, no baby daddy drama, and most important....the option of having more children in the future.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:08 PM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
I have a son, it's never had any effect on my dating. He's mother is married and they're happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships