Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 7,113 times

Advertisements

I'm a consultant and majored in a quantitative major in college.

Girls who are fat are 1s to me and most people I know.
Most girls I know would date a fat guy if there was something special about him.
70% of people of both genders in the country are fat.

Hence, a thin guy is limited to 30% of the population.
However, a thin girl can still date 100% of the population.
There are on aggregate probably 2 guys (1 thin, 1 fat) competing for each thin girl.

To get a thin girl, thin guys have to be muscular. Please tell me where the logic falls apart.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleandmodels View Post

Most girls I know would date a fat guy if there was something special about him.

Hence, a thin guy is limited to 30% of the dating pool.
However, a thin girl can still date 100% of the pool.
There are on aggregate probably 2 guys (1 thin, 1 fat) competing for each skinny girl.

To get a thin girl, thin guys have to get muscular. Please tell me where the logic falls apart.
I just used your theory and I'm a 15. I guess it does add up.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM

6 posts, read 7,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
There must be better things to do with your time...
Yes there are.

Just want to see if this theory makes sense and how much time to waste (or alternatively "dedicate" lol) at the gym right now.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:46 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Yes there are.

Just want to see if this theory makes sense and how much time to waste (or alternatively "dedicate" lol) at the gym right now.
Just generally, many women aren't as impressed by guys who spend a lot of time at the gym as guys who spend a lot of time at the gym want them to be.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I just used your theory and I'm a 15. I guess it does add up.
In the other post about numbers I was a 10 because I don't look at a man's looks to validate myself. Add this post to it and I am a 12 because I am not fat (and I get to add 2 more).

Darn it, where are my two guys (1 skinny, 1 fat) vying for my attention! I bet the skinny one is at the gym admiring himself int he mirror and the fat one is passed out on the couch watching TV

Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,329 times
For the majority of men the thinner a woman is the more attractive she is. If they're was a number scale I guess +2 would be about average.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:59 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Hi,

I was wondering if obesity has made it so that the average thin girl is now valued at her numerical rating + 2 for being thin.

For example, a plain girl who is thin would be considered a 7 (5 + 2 point bump for being thin)

The reason I came up with this theory is the number of average guys who are into the gym culture in the US has skyrocketed. The reason average guys initially start going to the gym is to get jacked and thus go from a 5 to a 7.

Once they become a 7, they can then attract an average, thin girl.

I am willing to consider the possibility that I'm completely off on this theory.

Thanks.
Here's your first problem-
you're turning intangible relationships with human begins into a math problem that can be solved.

Unlearn the following myth-
men are from mars, women are from venus.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:01 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:

Hence, a thin guy is limited to 30% of the population.
However, a thin girl can still date 100% of the population.
There are on aggregate probably 2 guys (1 thin, 1 fat) competing for each thin girl.

To get a thin girl, thin guys have to be muscular. Please tell me where the logic falls apart.
Thin girls don't always like buff guys.

I'm also pretty sure that 70% of the people in this country of both genders are not obese. Are they underweight? No. They are not. But, you're talking about fat people, so I'm going to assume you're referring to people who are obese and not simply in what the actuarial tables refer to as the "normal height for weight" or "above normal weight for height, yet not obese" category.

If you want only skinny chicks, just say so. Doesn't mean everyone else is Jabba the Hutt.

Also, this still doesn't explain why you think that skinny girls (underweight females) would prefer muscular dudes. As someone who spent most of her teens and twenties as an underweight female, I can tell you that I never liked musclebound, gym rat types. I liked tall, skinny guys who were artists.

I'm what you might call "normal" weight now, but I've had 3 kids and I'm 46, so I doubt this seems amazing to anyone.

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Are you on the autism spectrum, OP? Because that's the only explanation I can come up with for this bizarre thought process that attempts to turn human relations into a math formula. I suspect that you also have had zero relationship experience, and are a poster who was banned today.

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
In the other post about numbers I was a 10 because I don't look at a man's looks to validate myself. Add this post to it and I am a 12 because I am not fat (and I get to add 2 more).

Darn it, where are my two guys (1 skinny, 1 fat) vying for my attention! I bet the skinny one is at the gym admiring himself int he mirror and the fat one is passed out on the couch watching TV
Oh my goodness, I'm a 12 also!

We should start a club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships