Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 PM

45 posts, read 107,672 times

Advertisements

I dated someone for 6 months but I broke it off because he acted very hot and cold plus he wasn’t ready to commit. 3 months later, he began to reach out again. He texted me happy birthday and 2 weeks after that he texted me “I never ever stop thinking about you. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you that sooner, I’m an ******* and I suck at communicating. But I really do miss you.” I ignored that text. 6 weeks later he texts me again “I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you’re doing great and I really miss you.” I ignored that too.

My question is, why is he keeping in touch like this? Is he just expressing his feelings or trying to reel me back in? Him and I never had sex so I know it has nothing to do with that.

Just curious to know what your thoughts are. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLili84 View Post
I dated someone for 6 months but I broke it off because he acted very hot and cold plus he wasn’t ready to commit. 3 months later, he began to reach out again. He texted me happy birthday and 2 weeks after that he texted me “I never ever stop thinking about you. I’m sorry if I didn’t tell you that sooner, I’m an ******* and I suck at communicating. But I really do miss you.” I ignored that text. 6 weeks later he texts me again “I’ve been thinking about you a lot lately. I hope you’re doing great and I really miss you.” I ignored that too.

My question is, why is he keeping in touch like this? Is he just expressing his feelings or trying to reel me back in? Him and I never had sex so I know it has nothing to do with that.

He hasn't found anybody and you were not a bad girlfriend.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:

Well, since I'm not him - I don't know. He could have realized that he was at fault for things fizzling out between you two and he regrets it. He could be bored. He could want to keep you as a back up. There are a ton of different reasons. If you want to know - ask him.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 PM

938 posts, read 1,516,083 times
Men live in a society where it's considered unmanly and sissy-like to share feelings with each other. Think about what men do when they're hanging out with each other. They watch football or share facts and stats. Very impersonal. It's often only when they get into a relationship with a woman that they feel like they can share their vulnerabilities and insecurities.

I don't know how much he shared with you, but if he did, maybe he's missing that special connection that he doesn't have with his male bros.

Yes, men may be horn dogs, but they're people too. Just because he didn't have sex with you doesn't mean he doesn't miss you.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:42 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,887 times
First off, not all men do this. Your title is misleading, it should have said "Why is this guy I broke up with contacting me?" I've never maintained contact with any ex. They are an ex for a reason. This guy sounds pathetic and whiny. Apparently he is so desperate he thought he could have something with you again and you would give him another chance. Block his texts and keep ignoring him, eventually he'll get the message.

Last edited by david0966; 10-09-2014 at 09:22 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
Quote:

Only one guy in my entire life has played that hot & cold bullsh*t game....
One too many.
Never again
At least the song is catchy, tho

Katy Perry - Hot N Cold Lyrics - YouTube

Old 10-09-2014, 09:49 PM

783 posts, read 850,152 times
He probably kept in touch with you because he still likes you. I guess when you guys broke up it wasn't on bad terms.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,024 times
Yea, it's just something they do. Most men take things for granted and then regret it later but oh well, most women have moved on by then.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Men should cut off contact with their ex's unless they have kids. Other than that, what's left to discuss? Move on.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:27 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,531 times
Quote:

He's probably in love with you and trying to get you back into his life.

He's probably in agony every night because you haven't responded to his texts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships